PDA

View Full Version : My 75 gallon journal

HorrorShowRot
10-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Day 1
Allrighty. Picked up a beautiful 75gallon tank+stand+fluval 404+ a random heater. No idea how to work the canister yet. As I have never had one. But found a nice manual online. Has stones in it. And is pretty gross, Algea all over the lightfixture and the canopy. A few calcium build up on the glass. Stand has a few water marks on the inside but not really worried about that. If I have to will repaint it.

Day1.5 So today I cleaned off the glass most of the calcium build up is gone. Lights work. So thats great. Heater works aswell. The filter works. Well the impeller does. Just turned it on to see if it runs. Printed off the manual to try and set it up. Got confused so after work tonight I shall get a good night sleep and try to figure it out tomorow. Tank is 48 long X 23 high X 16 deep Very nice size considering it was only 100 bucks.

brianyu
10-04-2009, 07:59 PM
are you going to made it a plant tank ?
good luck , pic coming soon lol ?

Hailey
10-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Congrats on the tank! $100 for all that? good deal!

All I have to say is make sure the seal is good on it! I got my 75 gal, had it set up for about 2 weeks to wake up at 4am to water everywhere! It was a disaster!

What lighting did you get with it?

Anyways I'll be watching this journal!

Lolita
10-04-2009, 08:27 PM
=D Yay I can't wait to see pictures of everything as you go!

With a tank that big, a second heater might be a good idea--one on each end of the tank to keep the tempurature even! And that way if one goes out, you have the second as a back up too.

Good luck!!

HorrorShowRot
10-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Will be housing my new ID for the time being. My old one bruce passed away like 5 minutes ago:scry: He was 10 years old. Also the fish in the tank will be a parrot and possibly my african knifefish for now. Untilll the ID shark grows out of it:) then he gets the 200g:) Well passed away when I was at work. I guess it was old age. I had him for 10 years and he was about a foot when I got him

HorrorShowRot
10-05-2009, 05:02 AM
Congrats on the tank! $100 for all that? good deal!

All I have to say is make sure the seal is good on it! I got my 75 gal, had it set up for about 2 weeks to wake up at 4am to water everywhere! It was a disaster!

What lighting did you get with it?

Anyways I'll be watching this journal!

Havnt checked the lights yet and the seals are imaculate. I was like O.O this cant be right. Not even coming off at all Its basicly a brand new tank cept for the calcium build ups and algea on the lights

HorrorShowRot
10-05-2009, 05:03 AM
Day like 1.9 Time to sleep. Was gonna start cleaning it but its 1 am just got off work and pissed at the place. :hmm3grin2orange: Apparently since I have asthma and took a puffer in my car I got a warning

Lolita
10-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Will be housing my new ID for the time being. My old one bruce passed away like 5 minutes ago:scry: He was 10 years old. Also the fish in the tank will be a parrot and possibly my african knifefish for now. Untilll the ID shark grows out of it:) then he gets the 200g:) Well passed away when I was at work. I guess it was old age. I had him for 10 years and he was about a foot when I got him

Aww I'm sorry about your fish! He sounds like he had a good life! Glad he was well taken care of.

HorrorShowRot
10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks Lolita. The new ones name is going to be bruce. The shark from finding nemo.

And for day 2. The gravel has been cleaned got my 2 50 gallon filters on there and the fluval 404 is still out of commision atm It puzzles me. Just cycling now. Luckily I used my medtanks media:).

Hailey
10-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Bruce is a great name! lol, my big weather loaches name in Hank, even though i think its a female...

Anyways are you going to be doing live plants in this tank?

Good luck with the canister btw!

HorrorShowRot
10-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Day 3? I think? Well technically it would be its 1 33 am. Tanks filled put a few new seals in just to make sure they wont come off even though they were fine. Can not be to carefull. Figured out how to work the cannister. I cant believe i thought it was so hard. Just have no idea what carbon stuff I put in where theres 4 different compartments. Missing the intake hose thing that fits on the end of the hose so fish and debris dont get sucked up into it.

Tanks cycling with media from my 50gal filters. Used my old rocks. Kinda figured this would help cycling because the rocks are clean and have some bacteria still growing there. Just scooped the rocks and put em in. Loving this tank. to be honest it is my favorite tank. EVER.

Night everyone Zzzz Oh and thanks to all for the support and help couldnt do it without you. Well I would def be screwed on the cannister:hmm3grin2orange: Zzzzz