PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting pics of new fancys from china

bluebluecow
10-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Hi

came across this article and thought youd like a look

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/item.php?news=2248

Some I like some I dont, would like to see more diff pics of the 1st one, I dont see much difference in the double tailed comets then normal ones, but still interesting

Liz

cer
10-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Pretty cool! That is sure alot of goldfish!

Nobodynotime
10-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Wow
Those fish are ugly!!!
They look like they have awful tumors or something.

VoidParadigm
10-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Interesting link. Thanks for sharing. thumbs2:

Red
10-04-2009, 04:56 PM
wow, pretty cool goldfish!

vegas2k
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM
nice. that's a huge area of land!

AmyLynn
10-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Okay, maybe it's because i don't like goldfish (although jill's are pretty), but those are the ugliest things I have ever seen. How can it be seen as a good thing to breed for what would normally be considered deformities???

gabbyguppy
10-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Pretty sad looking fish.

It must be uncomfortable living in such a deformed body.

I can't imagine why folks support such breeding practices. I think this is just as bad (if not worse) than dyeing a fish.

Karen

Sharon
10-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Pretty sad looking fish.

I can't imagine why folks support such breeding practices. I think this is just as bad (if not worse) than dyeing a fish.

Karen

Well said!

Demjor19
10-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Not a fan...thanks for sharing though.

Neon
10-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Pretty sad looking fish.

Karen

agreed !!! they are from same country where women were forced to have small feet , they were bandaged since they were children and never allowed to grow...

Mith
11-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Doesn't bother me at all. The world is full of very unique creatures that survive in the wild. Judging by the size of those fish, they must not be too deformed as they look fat and happy!

Deleted User
11-20-2009, 11:09 AM
(although jill's are pretty

Thanks for the compliment! I only just now saw this post.

I love fancy goldfish, but probably not "that" fancy in my own tanks.

Goldfish are very interesting when you consider all the "tweaking" people have done and how different the same type of fish can look now thanks to the hand of man. It reminds me of the wide variation we can see in the dog world, also thanks to our hand. If you put a Chinese Crested dog next to a Bernese Mountain dog, you might not realize they're truly the same type of animal!

Cool thread!