PDA

View Full Version : Gouramis with Goldfish

Full3R
04-10-2006, 02:40 PM
My oscars are getting a bit to big for ther tank so i plan to move the Fantails, Comets, Black Moors, Plattys, White Clouds, Zebra Danios, and swordtails i keep in my large tank into the oscars current tank and put the oscars into my largest aquarium which the goldfish are in.

I've kept gouramis in a small tank with a barramundi since i put my two oscars together and they get along fine, but, i was planinng on putting the gouramis in the same tank as i am going to put the goldfish in would this be safe?
I've kept gouramis with all the other fish so i know its safe but i am unsure about the comets and fantails?

William
04-10-2006, 05:47 PM
The fish you mention have different temperature preferences but other than that I don't think you will hve any problem. But keep an eye on the tank none the less to make sure that the gourami doesn't get aggressive towards the fantails and black moors.

rollie
04-10-2006, 05:48 PM
COMETS GET BIG, THE BOOK SAY 12 INCHES LONG. BUT I HAD ,HAVE THEM TO GET 24 INCHES IN LENGHT!!! I JUST SOLD ONE A WEEK AGO THAT WAS 15 INCHES LONG. THEY CAN LIVE FOR 20 TO 40 YEARS!!! FANTAILS WILL GET AS BIG AS YOUR FIST, IN TIME. WHEN YOU BEEN IN IT FOR ALMOST 40 YEARS, YOU SEE ALOT. SOME GOURAMIS CAN GET QUITE BIG. YOU NEVER SAID WHAT TYPES OF GOURAMIS YOU KEEP. OSCARS SHOULD NEVER BE KEPT WITH OTHERS FISH, BECAUSE ONE OF THESE DAYS THEY WILL CLEAN HOUSE !!!

Full3R
04-11-2006, 08:25 AM
yeah the oscar was onli small whilst i kept him with the other fish and they were fine i dont keep them together anymore as he is getting bigger

The gouramis are just 2 blue gouramis and 1 white gourami

rollie
04-11-2006, 10:40 AM
The blue gouramis is only suppose to get 4 inches in length, but if they got lots of room, plenly of food and the tank is kept clean they can get up to 8 inches .some of the peoples that buy fish from me, got some bigs ones. white gourami not sure of what breed it is. is it a blue, dwarf or what ? in a while i will be putting some picture on, but i got to get a scanner first, and maybe a new competer

Full3R
04-11-2006, 12:25 PM
well the white gourami at shop dont get any bigger then the blue gouramis so yeah
thanx

goose_au
06-18-2006, 02:34 AM
i seen what u wrote about the comets gettin big u said they grow big in tropical setup ..what sort of time frame ..how fast do they grow to that size ..my son has 2 comets in our 3ft tank and there about 3 inchs now .... ???

24 inchs holy crap ......

:)

rollie
06-18-2006, 09:46 AM
that depends on the lot of things. they are likes pigs, they love to eat.
so the more they eat the faster they will grow.

but you got to keep their tank clean and do lots of water changing, because they are very messly eater. plus the more you eat, the more you s**t.!!

and the more room a better, if you want them to get big faster.