PDA

View Full Version : Need help with spawning pair!!

geminidragn
10-02-2009, 09:15 PM
In a previous post, I had to put one of my males in with my community tank with the females. Corona had to be taken out because he kept picking on the girls. So I put my husband's fish Pancho Villa in there instead. Well, Strawberry liked him and he started building a bubble nest. They have been trying to embrace all day but Sunshine keeps interupting them. I was wondering if I should move the pair to a smaller tank or should I just use a divider to keep the other females away? I don't want to upset their romance.
Please Help!!!

geminidragn
10-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Another question. If I use the divider, should I remove the rocks at the bottom and the hiding hole or leave them?

geminidragn
10-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Never mind. They finally accomplished the embrace and a whole bunch of eggs srayed out. It looked like someone unplugged it and they just came pouring out. Pancho was too busy chasing off Sunshine to see and they all fell at the bottom and are camoed by the rocks. His bubble nest was too small anyway and disappeared during the process. Now Strawberry is eating them all. Oh well. Now I know which to pair off for breeding later on that might be successful. But I feel bad for the eggs and future little ones :scry: