PDA

View Full Version : Adventurous Snail

Northernguy
10-02-2009, 02:36 PM
This is a short story about an adventurous snails journey.
I don't know where it was headed but the other day when my kid got home he went to his room as usual, a few minutes later he freaked out!I go hobbling up to find out whats up and he tells me that he sat on his bed and sat right on his apple snail! lol We were shocked that his snail made it out of its tank,off the desk across the floor and up on his bed.The snail had made is half way across the bed before it got sat on. I think it was going towards the window!
He picked it up and placed back in the tank.Its been 3 days and the snail is fine.Eating and crapping up a storm as always!The shell still looks fine,no cracks or anything.thumbs2:
That was quite the feat for a snail.Just getting to his bed must have been very difficult.You haven't seen the floor! lol

Nobodynotime
10-02-2009, 02:39 PM
I think that may be the animated movie by disney! thumbs2:

Neon
10-02-2009, 02:53 PM
that's a nice story:ssmile:

rich311k
10-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Thats funny. I guess the snail likes to travel.

Rue
10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
That is quite the adventure! Lucky you got him back unharmed...mine usually ended up dessicated if they crawled out of the tank...

Northernguy
10-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I have no cats and my dog would have played with it! lol
I just can't picture this snail getting up on the bed! lol In the water they can almost float themselves over obstacles but out of the water they have to work so much harder.
How long can they live out of the water?

vegas2k
10-02-2009, 05:07 PM
i can't imagine what our cat would have done to it...lol

Wild Turkey
10-02-2009, 05:41 PM
They will leave the water for a few reasons but theyre usually either breeding or stress related

Check the params if you havent already

How high is the water level? You want it about 1 inch full

Northernguy
10-02-2009, 05:46 PM
The perameters are perfect and the fish never bother with it!
Water changes are done weekly and this tank is never topped right up.
I could understand it if that were the case.None of my other snails are wanderers!:hmm3grin2orange:

Wild Turkey
10-02-2009, 05:49 PM
The perameters are perfect and the fish never bother with it!
Water changes are done weekly and this tank is never topped right up.
I could understand it if that were the case.None of my other snails are wanderers!:hmm3grin2orange:

Perhaps she wasnt happy laying inside the tank, hard to see into the mind of snail lol

People say they can last many hours if not days out of the tank though so its not a big deal, the snail may "know" what it is doing even if we dont:hmm3grin2orange:

Glad to hear you are ontop of things XD