PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Red Shrimp...

Drip Loop
10-01-2009, 11:53 PM
The time has almost come, my tank is almost ready. The glosso is starting to slowly carpet the bottom. Now all I need to know is where to get them.

Im looking for high quality crystal reds but thought perhaps someone on this site knows the best place to get them from. Im leaning towards aquabid but with an expensive purchase like this, its tough to "really" know if your getting what your paying for sometimes.

Anyone know reputable breeders/distributors?

Thanks!

korith
10-02-2009, 02:32 AM
Don't know any people or places in particular, but you could try forums on plantedtank.net, monster fish keepers, and other sites like that. Probably cheaper buying them from fellow hobbyists. Also for aquabid, you can always email people that have auctions going to see if you can work out a better deal. Sometimes they will go for it.

Drip Loop
10-02-2009, 02:58 AM
Its not the cost I have a problem with. Its actually getting the grade shrimp they say Im getting. The old bait and switch :)

korith
10-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Its not the cost I have a problem with. Its actually getting the grade shrimp they say Im getting. The old bait and switch :)

I'd probably try to buy from an established user on the forum. Can usually find out what sort of reputation the person has, from the replies in their threads. Other than buying them in person, I don't know any other way you could be 100% certain, without having to trust the seller to some point:P

thezookeeper
12-11-2009, 03:14 PM
if you are still looking for crs, go to www.brianstropicals.com. He usually has some high quality crs. Thats where I got mine from.