PDA

View Full Version : Weeping Moss?

Demi ^_^
10-01-2009, 11:38 PM
I've been inspired by this beautiful aquascape, by Cliff Hui:

http://www.blueaquarium.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/july/AGA_Aquascaping_Contest_2007/1_Field_of_dream_by_Cliff_Hui_2.jpg

I am aware he is using Tawain moss, to create that sloping effect -
Would Weeping Moss behold the same, or close to effect?

Oh, and I've heard mixed things about weeping moss, some say high light, some say very little light. I have less then 1watt/p/g....

Drip Loop
10-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Good luck finding it... Oh, and to repeat a previous post of mine, dont buy from Aquatic Magic... They dont apply for the proper cert papers to ship them into the US legally. Mine were confiscated and incinerated. I was given a note telling me so.

Oh, and if you DO find some weeping moss. Let me know!

Demi ^_^
10-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Oh, this was another question I was going to add in another topic... but

I was actually thinking of buying off eBay - we have NO moss whatsoever where I live, so I'll have to buy internationally.... Do you think the moss'll be okay?

Drip Loop
10-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Moss ships pretty well due to the fact it can grow out of the water. The reason I mentioned Aquatic Magic is because they are ALL OVER ebay and once you search for weeping moss, they WILL come up. Just be careful.

Go to www.aquabid.com and find a seller that is in the US already. You will be happier. However, like I said, weeping moss is pretty hard to find.

Demi ^_^
10-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Umm, well I live in Australia, so I don't think the US place will work for me ;-)

I'll try and find some other sellers that sell Weeping Moss on eBay (Not AquaticMagic) eBay is my last place to turn too for Moss...

Demi ^_^
10-02-2009, 12:37 AM
This is the seller I was thinking of, first up:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Weeping-moss-live-aquarium-plant-fish-Anubias-fern_W0QQitemZ260484959437QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3ca61d0ccd&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

mattsbottleofjager
10-02-2009, 12:38 AM
I got java and flame moss off EBAY and have no complaints.

Drip Loop
10-02-2009, 12:39 AM
DoH! I didnt notice. Well, that being the case, Aquatic Magic may be perfect for you. They did refund my money and appologized so I shouldnt bad mouth them too much. My only point was that it "could" get confiscated, but maybe you will have less issues buying from them.

In any event, if you search Ebay, you will find them quickly. You can determine for yourself if you wanna give them a shot.

edit: I didnt know there was an Australian Ebay. That made me laugh... and cry since that guy isnt on the US ebay...

Demi ^_^
10-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Yayyy for eBay thennn! LOL
It'll probably cost me LOADS for this Moss - It seems to all go off at around 20bucks... 0_o
Do you think it'll grow in my tank? My tank only has like 0.8watts of light per gallon.. 30"x12"x14"........

Demi ^_^
10-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Okay, going with this I think:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Weeping-Moss-Live-Cherry-Crystal-Red-Shrimp-Aquarium_W0QQitemZ250323070891QQcmdZViewItemQQptZL H_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a486aefab&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Live Guarantee <thumbs up>

Demi ^_^
10-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Okay, dads given me the okay to buy some..
Just one last question = will it be alive when I get it? LOL
4-7days is a long time out of water........

mattsbottleofjager
10-02-2009, 04:51 AM
I did not have any trouble with what I got, it was posted 7-11 days and I got in less time. Both mosses were in good shape also, I just let em sit in a bowl of tank water for a couple hours then attatched and put in tank.

fins_n_fur
10-02-2009, 07:14 AM
I think weeping moss would give a pretty nice effect. I found a site dedicated to moss that you might like to look at: http://www.aquamoss.net and there are some tips on growing it. Good luck!

Drip Loop
10-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Like I said earlier, moss transports pretty well since it can grow pretty well out of water. But most people ship it with a damp paper towel to keep it from completely drying out. I wouldnt worry, it will do fine.