PDA

View Full Version : bubble counter

cocoa_pleco
04-04-2007, 01:39 AM
im gonna kill the tubing on my nutrafin CO2 system.

Im sure chrona can fix this one. On the plastic wavy staircase bubble counter, the bubble is supposed to come out of the tubing and rise up the staircase bubble counterthing. On mine, the bubble pops towards me, not to the right where the counter is, and just flops up like a normal bubble. How can i fix it?

xoolooxunny
04-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Hmm, I don't use the ladder bubble counter, and I'm not so sure Chrona does either. But I do know Hobbs uses one, at least she did a couple days ago before we told her to get it out....

Chrona
04-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Sorry, I don't use the bubble ladder. Is it tilted at all? Or maybe tilt it another way?

cocoa_pleco
04-04-2007, 01:57 AM
I tilted the dam thing too. Maybe i'll just jam the bubbler hose in the stairway so that it for sure goes. I even studied the one on my lfs's planted tank today like a dumbass.

And when i bought the neons, no elastic broke! The loach is actually still alive too. Hes a retard and built a tunnel under my driftwood

cocoa_pleco
04-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Well, i emailed hagen. Im getting pi$$ed

Chrona
04-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Told you you should have just made your own.....lol

xoolooxunny
04-04-2007, 03:08 AM
Told you you should have just made your own.....lol
Airstone+powerhead baby!

Chrona
04-04-2007, 03:10 AM
I just drilled a hole in the intake tube below the water line and stuck it in there :rolleyes:

cocoa_pleco
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
FOR PANDA SAKE, now i get a crappy answer. They said that some bacteria needs time to build on it so that it directs itself. Hell, why not get tinkerbell to help me?

Lady Hobbs
04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I had the same problem with mine until I did some adjusts. Sometimes it will bubble like yours and then all of a sudden start going up the ladder so give it a while when you make an adjustments.

Look at the groove in the ladder where the line goes. You will see little cut out squares and slits. Snap that plastic ring around the airline into the very bottom slit....groove facing in wards and with both suction cups at the top.

OOPS. I see you were talking about your new bubbler! solly!

cocoa_pleco
04-05-2007, 02:18 PM
everythings perfect. I play around with it this weekend since i get a four day weekend. I dont know what they were talking about with the bacteria. The bacteria cant make a bubble director, so i think they cant figure it out

jweintraub
04-05-2007, 03:01 PM
When I first started using that diffuser my bubbles were going everywhere and I was doing the same thing you are now, which is moving it around and adjusting the hose. After I just said ^@#$ it... and left it alone, sure enough it started working properly. And what the company was talking about with a film of bacteria, I really don't know what it is, but mine created a whitish milky film on it after about a week and that's honestly when it worked best.

Chrona
04-05-2007, 05:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-pcs-Nano-Co2-diffuser-Live-aquarium-plant-fish-tank_W0QQitemZ250100137678QQcategoryZ66794QQcmdZVi ewItem

No more CO2 dissolving issues ^_^ for tanks under 30g

Lady Hobbs
04-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Neat link. Thanks