PDA

View Full Version : Fascinated by M. boesemani Rainbowfish

cfgsteak
09-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Oh my, i love the look of these fish! I really really want to add some to my tank, but I am not sure if I have room, can I get some opinions?

Current tank:

46 gallons - bow front
8 tiger barbs
8 gold barbs
2 Blue Rams
1 redtailed shark
1 common pleco.

I would be removing the pleco (I have found someone who wants him). I would like to know if I could add M. boesemani Rainbows and if I can how many could i add? I don't want to overstock my tank. But if I could have some of these beauties in my tank I would love it.

Thanks for any opinions!

Cristoff
09-30-2009, 09:15 PM
They get pertty big and you'll want 6-8 of them. In my opinion it'll be a bit much.

Have you looked at the Dwarf Neon Rainbows? I have them and they are a great addition!thumbs2:

cfgsteak
09-30-2009, 10:06 PM
They get pertty big and you'll want 6-8 of them. In my opinion it'll be a bit much.

Have you looked at the Dwarf Neon Rainbows? I have them and they are a great addition!thumbs2:

Ok. I know I don't have enough room for 6. I have seen Dwarf neons though, and i really think they are neat too. Maybe I will consider those.

The M. boesemani sound like a good enough excuse to look into a second tank though...:shappy:

Thanks Cristoff!

Cristoff
09-30-2009, 10:53 PM
DARN STRAIGHT THEY DO!

There is ALWAYS a good reason to get another tank. Rainbows are as good as any! :hmm3grin2orange:

trojannemo
10-01-2009, 01:47 AM
i dont like giving advice on stocking because what works for me might not always work for you. what you need to know is: M. boesemani needs at least a 36" long tank for swimming, plenty open space, CLEAN water (weekly water changes). they prefer to be in groups (of rainbowfish, not exclusively groups of M. boesemani), but if you keep two or three they wont die off or be miserable.

they, and all other rainbowfish, are worth upgrading to a bigger tank or getting a second tank. don't doubt it thumbs2:

http://www.keepitfishy.com/fish/elizabethII_9.jpg

VIP
10-01-2009, 06:57 AM
That picture is SOOOOOO cool !

i really like the rainbow too ... gee with all their color...wow! you barb will definitly be jealous!hihi
i am just kidding.

hey Cfgsteak ?i ve notice that you still have your rams with the barbs... how 's that going so far...is everybody gets along ok ?

EmmanuelJB
10-01-2009, 11:01 AM
I aslo have a 46 gallon bow front aquarium and have bosemani rainbows in it. I have 4 in mine. I would say 4 would be the best number for you too because your tank has alot of other fish. If you got the rainbows and got rid of the common pleco your tank would be just about stocked. Good Luck! In my opinion the bosemanis look alot better than the dwarf ones.

cfgsteak
10-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I agree with VIP, trojannemo, that picture is sweet!

I am gonna have to think this one over for a while. I really really love those fish. Emmanual, I agree, the boesemani are much more intereting to me at this point then the dwarfs...