PDA

View Full Version : Dead female fiddler crab

aquatic lover
09-29-2009, 02:37 AM
AHHHHRRRRRR! I am so mad, my female fiddler molted, she had trouble during her molt and it took her like 5 minutes to fully molt, something was stuck in her mouth and it came out of her mouth. She lost a claw, and lost two legs, she had a bad molt I guess, because everything is right in my tank. Well today I woke up to her DEAD!!!!:scry: She was face down, on the aquarium floor, dead. I guess she died because she probaly was tired from the molt(she was running around with the shell stuck on her, pushing her legs trying to get the molt off)and losing the claw and two legs probaly diddn't help. I had her since the day my fiddler crab tank was set up.:cussing: all my other fiddlers are molting, two have molted around the time she died and they molted right and good with no problems.

Nobodynotime
09-29-2009, 04:50 AM
Thats a bummer. Sometimes you can't help what happens, its nature. You've got some salt in there right?

aquatic lover
09-29-2009, 05:39 AM
Thats a bummer. Sometimes you can't help what happens, its nature. You've got some salt in there right?Yes, the tank is a brackishwater tank, just like they like it. Lol, my dad came home with some feeder goldys and some white clouds to put with my purple thai devil crab, and he got a female fiddler for the fiddler crab tank.