PDA

View Full Version : My 20 gal long adventures

hockeyhead019
09-28-2009, 08:53 PM
haha so ok yea gay title but idk i figured it'd be cool to start documenting what's going on in my tank haha... ok so the tank is about a month old with 1 golden gourami and 8 tetra... love the tetra cuz they're always active. This was my first try at a planted tank, working pretty well... need to get "real" aquarium lights which will hopefully be done by the end of this upcoming weekend but we'll c how the cash is haha..

so right now the tank is a little barren because i had to take my big rock that usually resides in the middle out because of an algae growth and i cut down my sword plants just to keep them under control and because some of the leaves had become part of the algaes home...

To Do:
1) get pics up for anybody who cares to look haha
2) pick up a group of corys to add to the tank
3) get real lighting so my plants can thrive
4) maybe a bumble bee cat and some different, taller plants? maybe we'll c

any comments or criticism is welcome always trying to make my tank a better place for my fish

hockeyhead019
10-01-2009, 02:36 AM
hmm ok so that whole to do list was scrapped when i went to the store and fell in love with some red eyed tetra... so cool looking... so i grabbed 4 of them (plan to get at leat 2 more... maybe 3 but we'll c) however i still need to get real lighting

definitely need some taller plants to give the tank some apparent depth but i need a good one... open to suggestions