PDA

View Full Version : Dovii's in trouble

Demjor19
09-28-2009, 08:17 PM
I just got back from a weekend trip to PA to notice my Dovii apparently has some type of infection. His face is VERY swelled between his eyes and around his mouth w/ some red being in some areas (nostriles & corners of his mouth). He is not eating and is extremely sluggish and reserve (anyone who knows this fish would say this is out of character).

My only guess is that he may have slammed the glass breaking a bone in his face (that may have gotten infected)? No external injuries are visible.

I have raised the temp and added salt...I will also be adding some melafix after I get to the LFS. Water will also be getting changed every day.

Fishkeeping has been terrible lately. Looks like I may be losing yet another one of my prized fish...

p.s. I would post some pics, but I really dont want to stress him any furthur. Not really sure if I'm asking for help or venting!!??

Northernguy
09-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear it!
Unfortunately fish can hurt themselves no matter what we do to avoid it!
It happens to everyone of us sooner or later!
I lost one of my rams the other day and I can't figure out why.

Demjor19
09-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Just got back from the LFS and the Dovii looks much worse already...I added the Melafix, but it seems like things are hopeless.

Red
09-28-2009, 11:27 PM
damn demjor.. I dont know what happen and I want to help.. :(

Demjor19
09-29-2009, 12:19 AM
I've never seen anything like it...it looks like his head is literally going to explode. Even his gills are bulging out.

I just added alot of melafix ...I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Wish you could help too Red...

CichlidsRool
09-29-2009, 02:51 AM
My dovii is 7-8 inches..he always try's to attack my hand..he never injured himeself..I wish you luck..Hopefully he will be fine..

Demjor19
09-29-2009, 03:25 AM
Lost 'em...he was over 14"...I raised him from 2". Looks like i'll be closing another down...this hobby's getting old.