PDA

View Full Version : Feeding arowana freeze dried shrimp

Bennlfer
09-23-2009, 03:01 AM
I purchased some freeze dried baby shrimp labeled "sun dried Gammarus" for my 6 inch arowana to eat. I also feed him crickets twice a day, 2 crickets each feeding so i was wondering how often i should feed him the shrimp. Should i supplement the crickets with the shrimp or should it become part of his daily staple?

Northernguy
09-23-2009, 04:22 AM
Have you seen this?
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/arowana/fish.php

You might want to talk to Demjor about what he feeds his beauty.His is a really healthy looking fish!

Bennlfer
09-23-2009, 05:33 AM
How would i ask him directly? Sorry im still kinda new to this Lol.

Crispy
09-23-2009, 10:44 AM
I started my arowana on freeze dried red shrimp. This was his "lunch". Dinner was crickets and superworms. If he's 6 inches, he's big enuff to eat superworms (1 worm has the protein of 20 crickets). I strongly suggest them for optimal growth. If you can find them "gutloaded" (meaning the worms are fed amino acids and vitamins), then even better. They're not much more expensive than crickets and way more healthy and filling for your aro.

Northernguy
09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Sorry about Crispy! I forgot that had one too!lol
You can talk to anyone through PMs as well.Thats Private Messages!
Just find there avatar and click on it.You will see the send pm there.

Demjor19
09-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Mine eats 12-14 whole raw shrimp per feeding and she is fed once to twice a week. I will also feed Hikari floating Aro Sticks...pellet foods get REALLY expensive with her though!

Also...If she misses a feeding...she has no problem with going after hands and fingers during tank cleanings. As a rule of thumb...I feed at night, then clean the next day. That seems to be working!

Bennlfer
09-25-2009, 12:47 AM
Wow your fish has a big appetite! Lol
Any suggestions for feeding my 6 inch Jardini? I tried feeding him the freeze dried shrimp today and he went for it but spit it back out. =/ But he kept going back and checking it out, sometimes picking at it, so i think this is a good sign. Should i continue in my efforts? I am going to invest in some super worms in a bit when i get the funds, but i want him to have as varied of a diet as he can for the time being.