PDA

View Full Version : My "Spider" Ball Python

Demjor19
09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
She successfully completed her second shed the other day, so I figured I would post some pics of her with her fresh new look!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/KaraJ0/DSCN2388-1.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/KaraJ0/DSCN2390.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/KaraJ0/DSCN2392.jpg

rich311k
09-22-2009, 12:57 PM
She is very pretty! Nice shots.

Sharon
09-22-2009, 12:58 PM
She is pretty!!!thumbs2:

Rue
09-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Pretty girl! She looks great!

Demjor19
09-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys/girls! She's really starting to bulk up too!

Red
09-22-2009, 02:59 PM
wow very nice!

mattsbottleofjager
09-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Wow, great looking snake :18:

Mustang Boy
09-22-2009, 05:29 PM
very nice looking snake

i was watching your thread a short while back where you were talking about getting your snakes. they both looked great in that thread but id like to see how the other looks now too

Demjor19
09-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks everyone!

Demjor19
09-22-2009, 05:55 PM
very nice looking snake

i was watching your thread a short while back where you were talking about getting your snakes. they both looked great in that thread but id like to see how the other looks now too

Here is the most recent I have uploaded of the pastel...although he has shed since this pic and looks much brighter. I'll try to get a more recent pic up of him posted tonight.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/KaraJ0/DSCN1913.jpg

Brookfish
09-22-2009, 07:01 PM
That's a beautiful snake, love that last pic!

Demjor19
09-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Thanks Brookfish!

Here are two pics taken of the male pastel tonight.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/KaraJ0/Balls/DSCN2395.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/KaraJ0/Balls/DSCN2394.jpg

Mustang Boy
09-23-2009, 02:27 AM
very nice looking snakes

Northernguy
09-23-2009, 02:47 AM
They sure do have nice colors!
How long are they? How big around?

Demjor19
09-23-2009, 03:06 AM
They sure do have nice colors!
How long are they? How big around?

Thanks!

They are still small. The male is around 22" and the female 19"...they are probably between 1.5-2 inches around.

Northernguy
09-23-2009, 04:19 AM
Really!!! lol
They look to be at least 3ft long in the pic! I guess their body shape doesn't change much from small to massive!lol
Very cool pet! I couldn't keep them though!
I once went for a long walk in the bush,it was a hot day.I happened upon a stream that led to a beautiful waterfall. I looked down and saw a fair sized pond with clear but dark water.That usually means that its fairly deep.I jumped in.As soon as I hit the water I felt it.The reason the water so dark is it was full of snakes,thousands of them.I was pulling water snakes off my arms and legs as I got out of the water.I got bit a few times but nothing serious.I was glad I left my clothes on!lol
That really freaked me out and I have never been a real fan of them since.:hmm3grin2orange: I have never been back there!

Demjor19
09-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Really!!! lol
They look to be at least 3ft long in the pic! I guess their body shape doesn't change much from small to massive!lol
I once went for a long walk in the bush,it was a hot day.I happened upon a stream that led to a beautiful waterfall. I looked down and saw a fair sized pond with clear but dark water.That usually means that its fairly deep.I jumped in.As soon as I hit the water I felt it.The reason the water so dark is it was full of snakes,thousands of them.I was pulling water snakes off my arms and legs as I got out of the water.I got bit a few times but nothing serious.I was glad I left my clothes on!lol
That really freaked me out and I have never been a real fan of them since.:hmm3grin2orange: I have never been back there!

LOL! Are you kidding? That sounds like a freakin movie! Snakes are my favorite animal in the world (yes...even more than fish) and that would have freaked me out!

Northernguy
09-23-2009, 02:25 PM
I am sure it would have!lol I had some nasty dreams after that experience.
I am not scared of them just creeped out!
My nephew also has a couple that he keeps trying to get me interested in.
Not! They are cool to watch though.I enjoy how graceful they are with their movements!

Lab_Rat
09-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Really!!! lol

OMG, that sounds like a nightmare!!! Worse than the Indiana Jones movie!

Beautiful snakes Demjor, I have to say, I was wondering what a "spider" ball was (is how the thread shows up).

Demjor19
09-24-2009, 12:31 AM
OMG, that sounds like a nightmare!!! Worse than the Indiana Jones movie!

Beautiful snakes Demjor, I have to say, I was wondering what a "spider" ball was (is how the thread shows up).

A spider ball would be scary too! Not a fan of spiders.

Thanks for the comments!

HomaridNoob6
09-24-2009, 05:47 AM
gorgeous snakes, I would love to keep snakes again, but until i get my own place that won't be possible. Hehe had a little incident in one of my last houses with rattlers I caught locally and kept (probably illegally, but i was young). In the end I wound up getting a dry strike from a 4 footer, and my parents were scared poopless, i still dunno if they were more scared by the snake, or for me. I'd definitely be scared to see a mating ball, but then again I'd just stay away.

Demjor19
09-24-2009, 03:24 PM
gorgeous snakes, I would love to keep snakes again, but until i get my own place that won't be possible. Hehe had a little incident in one of my last houses with rattlers I caught locally and kept (probably illegally, but i was young). In the end I wound up getting a dry strike from a 4 footer, and my parents were scared poopless, i still dunno if they were more scared by the snake, or for me. I'd definitely be scared to see a mating ball, but then again I'd just stay away.

Thanks!

I've had a few close encounters with some Eastern Timber Rattlers in the past. There's not much room for error...