PDA

View Full Version : Blue Lobster - Health Questions

ryankenn
04-02-2007, 02:53 AM
I've had this guy in my aquarium for about two months ( 40 gallon ). He's home with another, smaller crawfish, but they tend to get along. Neither has had any problems with my fish either. The tank is 80C.

He grew extermely quickly at first, doubling in size in less than a month. Since then he's started to get a deeper color and large pink bumps on his now large claws. Over the last two days however he seems like he's either very ill, or struggling possibly to molt. He's still alive, and can function all of his claws, but almost seems twitchy doing it. He spends a large part fo the day on his back. So much so this morning I thought he was dead for sure, but when I went to scoop him out, he rocketed across the aquarium in the normal fashion.

Something is wrong, he hasn't been able to eat for at least a day, as his motor functions in his legs don't seem coordinated anymore. Its a very strange problem, and I want to know if anyone can shed some light on it. He hasn't molted in 3 weeks. Alive but not looking good, help!?

cocoa_pleco
04-02-2007, 02:56 AM
sorry, cant help. My blue lobster never had anything like that. sounds weird