PDA

View Full Version : Bumble bee goby stuck to intake

dishmando
04-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Wifey and i were lookin for 1 of our 2 gobys that ALWAYS hang around the front of the tank. One of them had been looking a little pale lately and was losing colour each day. Anyhow, I took a glimpse from the side of the tank and sure enough there he was.....sticking to the intake of my HOB filter. :(
Poor dude..... anyhow, i unplugged the filter and he swam away very weak looking. Struggling to swim around, we decided to quarantine him to try and bring him back. It was sad to see.
I noticed around his gills looked a lil swollen and red. Any idea on what im dealing with here?......

kenyth
04-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Any ammonia problems in the tank? Water quality is the #1 culprit to check for any problem.

jeffs99dime
04-13-2007, 05:09 PM
yeah. check your parameters. (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)

kimmers318
04-14-2007, 12:49 PM
And if I remember correctly those little guys are real susceptible to bad water conditions. You can try some melafix and or pimafix to try to perk him up, but it sounds like he is pretty bad off. Reddening of the gills is a pretty good sign of ammonia poisoning.

geno910
09-01-2007, 11:36 AM
test the ammonia in your tank it the #1 killer of fish whenever my fish geet stuk to the filter they die good luck on your goby mate hope he get better!

gm72
09-01-2007, 11:37 AM
All of the above is absolutely correct. Whenever you get a sick fish with symptoms like that, immediately check water parameters.