PDA

View Full Version : Wild Turkey was right!

smaug
09-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I used to have 4 dwarf corys.I now have just one.I mistakenly thought there prickliness would save them from my new gangentic leaf fish [nandus]I cant catch either the leaf fish or the cory so I guess he will have to do his best.The nandus has grown over 3/4" in the less then a month I have had him.

Northernguy
09-19-2009, 12:35 AM
You know ,he has been right a few times before too!lol
So the little pricklys didn't help eh!
Thats too bad smaug! I hate losing fish too!

smaug
09-19-2009, 12:38 AM
You know ,he has been right a few times before too!lol
So the little pricklys didn't help eh!
Thats too bad smaug! I hate losing fish too!
when?LMAO:hmm3grin2orange:

Cristoff
09-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Smaug, it took a big man to admit that Turk was right :hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry about the Corys, but man the Nandus are cool! Now at least you know one of the species you CAN'T put in there with em'!

smaug
09-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Im not truly bothered by it that much.The small fish I have had in that tank since its inception in 2005.I have been wanting to change it up for awhile now with a predator fish of some type.Im glad I got him,he is very interesting to watch hunt.If I ever get a video camera Ill post a clip of his attack mode.I havnt seen him pick off any cory but he is dead set on finishing off the serpaes.

smaug
09-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Actually it wasnt WT that told me to look out is was toddandbecka!

I once thought the same thing about some little (~2") Synodontis eupterus that I put into a tank with an ornate bicher. I actually saw one go down the hatch tail-first, spines and all. The bicher was probably about 6-7" long, and the mouth just large enough for the Syno's to pass through.