PDA

View Full Version : Unusual

FishyPastor
09-18-2009, 01:56 AM
I have a large goldfish, ( do not know what breed other than it has a veiltail ryukin I think.) that has a growth growing at the base of the tail which is round and seems to have a tail heading out into the veil porion of the tail. I also have a female guppy that seems to be eating the growth, any thoughts? There is now a area where the growth is that has a hole there now.

Northernguy
09-18-2009, 02:15 AM
How are all the other fish?
Post your perameters please?
Can you also post a pic?
When was your last water change?
Is this in the twenty gallon?

FishyPastor
09-18-2009, 04:38 AM
Yes this is the 20 gallon. Temp is 76 degrees just did a water change today. I do a water change once/twice a week will send photo tommorrow.

Deleted User
09-18-2009, 08:44 AM
The water temp is probably a little higher than is good for a goldfish. I keep my house pretty cold (summer and winter) and our goldfish stay under 70 at all times. But, I don't know if that would cause what you're describing or what it could be. Hopefully someone else will be more helpful than I'm able to be in this department. Good luck!

Northernguy
09-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Can you test for ammonia,nitrites and nitrates?
When was your last water change and how much water got changed?

FishyPastor
09-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Living in Phoenix its difficult to keep the water temp down during the summer, I do not use a heater at all. I will also test the water, I did a water change yesterday.

Twe3k
09-18-2009, 05:37 PM
a good way to help cool down the temp alittle.. im not taking the credit someone here inform me.. is to put water in a bottle then freeze it, then let it float in ur tank.. that should help alittlethumbs2:

VoidParadigm
09-18-2009, 05:58 PM
I doubt what you're describing is being caused by a tank that's too warm. Of course I could be wrong. From my research and in my 10+ years of goldfish experience warmer waters can only cause respiratory problems, and that's only in some goldfish, most of who ime weren't properly acclimated.

Otherwise; bump/*waiting for pics*

FishyPastor
09-19-2009, 05:07 AM
Ok I have the test results on my water Ph:7.6, Nitrites:1.0, Nitrates: 160, Ammonia:SS:.20, Alkalinity:80, Hardness:200, Now this is doing a water chnage yesterday. I will do another tommorrow.