PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Drop checkers

Chrona
03-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Just got one today, works pretty darn well and looks nice. Comes with everything you need. I'll see if I can post a pic of mine later.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/44423-fs-co2-drop-checkers.html

Drop checkers basically sit a solution of exactly 4 kH distilled water in the tank, so any CO2 in the tank will get into the enclosed air in the drop checker and eventually into the distilled water. The water has a pH reagent in it so it changes colors. Because they use an exacting kH (measured with a balance), these are a much more accurate and easier to read measuring device than the traditional check pH + kH + look up in chart

Just thought I'd post it for those who were interested.

cocoa_pleco
04-01-2007, 01:15 AM
faulty link! you have to register to see it!:wink2:

Chrona
04-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Oh, right, I forgot you need to be registered to see the S&S section. Ah well :/

It's basically a acrylic cylinder with a inner tube. Price is 7 bucks shipped.

Chrona
04-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Well mine had a small leak in it (which I repaired). Regardless, he's still sending me a new one. Great guy I must say!

Sowilu
11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I can see it I am a member too. Hopefully will get one soon.

CAF
11-08-2007, 01:15 AM
If you are dosing CO2, I would highly recommend you get one of these. It really helps a lot!

Lady Hobbs
11-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Now they need to tell you when water in your tank is dropping so you have a siren blow when you spring a leak.

CAF
11-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Now they need to tell you when water in your tank is dropping so you have a siren blow when you spring a leak.
LOL There ARE water level monitors, they are just expensive.

markbob
11-09-2007, 01:32 AM
It shoudn't be difficult to make on though, All you need is a float switch connected in series with an alarm that could be powered off of a couple of Double A batteries. Should be able to get everything at radio shack and lowes. This should be espically helpful for ya Hobbs!:hmm3grin2orange: