PDA

View Full Version : My Fancy Goldfish

Deleted User
09-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Fancy goldfish are one of my favorite kinds of fish, and my husband's too. These are the ones I keep in "my" tank. He likes different colors than I do, so he has his own selection in his tank thumbs2:

The orange and black one and the solid orange one are orandas, the calico one is a ryukin, and the orange and white one is a fantail. And, they're named! Spike, Smarty, Emily & Diesel.

I'm not great at catching good fish pictures. Not sure if part of that is my camera, but it has been awesome with capturing horse pictures (Canon Powershot S3 IS). A little frustrated with the picture quality and would welcome suggestions including those for a better camera when it comes to getting good fish pics.

Thanks for looking!

rich311k
09-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Nice looking golds.

I imagine you are not using the flash for these photos?

Deleted User
09-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks!

No, I'm not using the flash. Should I be using it?

rich311k
09-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Without the flash you camera is pumping the ISO way up which is causing all that noise. The flash will allow a faster shutter and thus better focus on the fish. Shoot at an angle to avoid flash back.

smaug
09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
and if it has a macro setting turn that on as well.I take my fish pics with the lens touching the glass to avoid flashback.

Deleted User
09-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the camera tips!!! I will probably try and play with it tomorrow :19: :19: :19:

Arkie
09-13-2009, 12:55 AM
i love your orange and black oranda... he is great! orandas are my fave fancy goldfish followed 2nd by the black moor. i have a little "uncoloured" oranda that my bf picked up at the markets for like 3 bucks and i was stoked lol. then he came home from his sis's place with an all in one aqua one tank which im going to set up as my fancy goldfish tank and then get some more orandas and some black moors. was just waiting for the inspiration to come and thanks to your wonderful pics it has so thank you jill :11:

DrNic
09-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Cool looking fish!! With all the fish I've kept over the years I don't think I've ever had a goldfish. :hmm3grin2orange:

Deleted User
09-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks, folks! I love fancy goldfish and so does my husband. He has a tank with his own fancies in it. Ours have grown a lot since we first got them (only about 2mos ago).

mattsbottleofjager
09-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Cool looking gold you got there thumbs2: