PDA

View Full Version : Canopy with HOB

Lady Hobbs
03-31-2007, 02:40 PM
I have a canopy that I've never seen yet. It's downstate at my son's house. He was going to throw it in the firepit but I told him to save it for me.

But now that I think about it, how will it work with HOB filters? Or won't it? I can't see how the filters won't be in the way.

xoolooxunny
03-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Um, I don't know if this helps at all but i have that on my 10 gallon. It's a canopy, and i just cut out a piece of the plastic on the back that allows the intake and the return to go into the tank...I'm not sure how it will work with a bigger set up. BTW its a marineland penguin 100 bio-wheel.

Lady Hobbs
03-31-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm not talking about the glass hoods but the big wooden canopy that sits on top the tank and covers everything up.

Lady Hobbs
03-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey Joe. Look how much my vals have grown already. WOW

You can see the mickey mouse way I have my co2 going into the filter. Looks stupid and makes my filter burp so I have to think of something else.

Chrona
03-31-2007, 03:52 PM
You'd have to cut a slot into the wood on the backside using a hacksaw or something. And the height of the HOB filter passes by the inner height of the canopy, then you have to cut some off of the top as well.

Lady Hobbs
03-31-2007, 03:55 PM
OK. I was afraid of that. I didn't know if they had an opening in the back or not since I've never seen the thing. Guess I will tell him to go ahead and toss it in his firepit after all. Thanks Chrona.

Chrona
03-31-2007, 04:00 PM
OK. I was afraid of that. I didn't know if they had an opening in the back or not since I've never seen the thing. Guess I will tell him to go ahead and toss it in his firepit after all. Thanks Chrona.

lol, just get him to cut you an opening. Who knows, it may already be cut! ;)

Drumachine09
03-31-2007, 04:04 PM
You'd have to cut a slot into the wood on the backside using a hacksaw or something. And the height of the HOB filter passes by the inner height of the canopy, then you have to cut some off of the top as well.

Id use an electric jig saw, or a coping saw so you can turn it, you cant turn a hack saw.

xoolooxunny
03-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Hey Joe. Look how much my vals have grown already. WOW

You can see the mickey mouse way I have my co2 going into the filter. Looks stupid and makes my filter burp so I have to think of something else.

Are those seriously the ones I sent you???? That's out of control!

Chrona
03-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Are the vals in the center real? They look immaculate o.O

Lady Hobbs
03-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Are those seriously the ones I sent you???? That's out of control!

You nut! That was a joke! Since you can't tell plastic from live, I may as well go back to plastic. :)

Lady Hobbs
03-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Both my sons are licensed builders. You'd think I'd have no problem getting a stand built or things like this canopy cut. Forget it! You know what they say about how you're married to a mechanic but your car is the car that never runs.

I waited 4 months to get a stand built and finally went to WalMart and bought one! LOL Problem being they are both so darned busy all the time and already work 14 hour days. No time for the ma-ma's projects.

Chrona
03-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Both my sons are licensed builders. You'd think I'd have no problem getting a stand built or things like this canopy cut. Forget it! You know what they say about how you're married to a mechanic but your car is the car that never runs.

I waited 4 months to get a stand built and finally went to WalMart and bought one! LOL Problem being they are both so darned busy all the time and already work 14 hour days. No time for the ma-ma's projects.

Threaten them with wooden spoon till they get it done. Nuff said.

Lady Hobbs
03-31-2007, 04:46 PM
I know. I liked them better when they were scared of me.

Chrona
03-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Embarrasing childhood pictures would also do the trick (as I've found out from personal experience -_-)