PDA

View Full Version : dwarf pleco

kanzaz
09-12-2009, 07:54 AM
i have a dwarf pleco, with like mruky green skin with like mruy yellow/green streaks, spots something . I was wondering what it is, and what i should feed it apart from the algae it eats.

Girl Got Mojo
09-12-2009, 08:09 AM
A picture would help with identifying. Algae wafers and a slice of cucumber he might munch on.

Goodbye
09-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Pics would help for the identification of your pleco. For a diet I would recommend feeding blanched zucchini, squash, romaine lettuce, cucumber, spinach etc. For some plecos (mine) it may take awhile for them to actually eat the food. I've been offering zucchini for two weeks now and have tried yellow crookneck squash with no success. I plan to keep trying though. Make sure to feed after the lights go out. They may also be fed a staple diet of algae wafers as well as shrimp pellets.

Hope this helps!

Agass :22:

Girl Got Mojo
09-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Pics would help for the identification of your pleco. For a diet I would recommend feeding blanched zucchini, squash, romaine lettuce, cucumber, spinach etc. For some plecos (mine) it may take awhile for them to actually eat the food. I've been offering zucchini for two weeks now and have tried yellow crookneck squash with no success. I plan to keep trying though. Make sure to feed after the lights go out. They may also be fed a staple diet of algae wafers as well as shrimp pellets.

Hope this helps!

Agass :22:

I'm gonna have to try those myself, my gold nugget is so picky he won't bother with wafers

smaug
09-12-2009, 04:48 PM
It sounds like a clown plec.They gotta have wood in there diet,get him a nice piece of mopani to gnaw on.

Red
09-12-2009, 05:00 PM
It sounds like a clown plec.They gotta have wood in there diet,get him a nice piece of mopani to gnaw on.

I agree with smaug, or I like to Malaysian wood myself better, but its all personal preference.

kanzaz
09-12-2009, 05:15 PM
i think it mite be that, ill try to take a pic, its always hiding, ive got drift woof, is that ok.

smaug
09-12-2009, 06:39 PM
is this the guy?Yes,any wood will work,I prefer mopani due to its rapid sinking and lack of rotting.