PDA

View Full Version : How long do lilly blubs take to grow in a 10 gallon tank with 15 watt lights?

Fishlover98
09-11-2009, 03:27 PM
It looks like its starting to grow roots.And is it suppose to float? Because its just floating there.

Goodbye
09-11-2009, 04:37 PM
I use to have a Dwarf Lily Plant in my 38g under 2.4 wpg of light. I hade the bulb partially buried in the sand substrate. When I first got it it had a few leaves and after two weeks it had grown more. Then after a month of having the plant, it lost all its leaves and was just a plain bulb.

For a month, it didn't have any new growth and just sat in the bottom of the tank. Then it started to grow new leaves. It grew quite rapidly and started to get lily pads. In conclusion, it seemed to do well being partially buried in the substrate and having 2.4 wpg.

Hope this helps!

Agass :22:

Rtifs
10-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I've got the same thing going... a 10g with 15 watts. Bought a bulb pack at a well known petstore that includes a "waterlilly." It has yet to grow, but I've only had it for about 4-5 days. Anyone know what it's general requirements are (lights etc.)?