PDA

View Full Version : Omg wolffish <3

HorrorShowRot
09-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Allright sooo I was looking at the rainbow wolffish. And woah. Anyways I am going to be getting a 75 to house the little guy untill he grows then will be transferred to a larger tank most likely a 180. Set it up nicely get him to reach his full potential:) Good plan or no? And he will be by himself. Saw that they need low light so gonna use some fake plants if any at all. But it will have some nice ornaments and driftwood gonna go for a disturbing look. To go with my baby <3 Any information and or tips I would love to hear them.

Aeonflame
09-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Im glad you took my advice. Those who go wolf, never go back.

They are very easy to take care of..I feed mine on feeder guppies and crayfish. The occaisional dead white mouse doesnt hurt. He is voracious. Heres the deal, anything alive in your tank thats smaller than he is, will get eaten. anything as large as he is, will get killed. Just make sure your filtration is good and you have a good tight fitting cover, or he WILL bail on you. Ive had mine hit the cover so hard when going after a fish or mouse, it almost broke.

edit: I'm not sure if yours will be this aggressive though. I have h. malabaricus.

PostalPenguin
09-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Since he will need good filtration and low light I would suggest growing a dense mat of some type of floating plant like Frogbit or Red root floater. That way you can get the low-light and the floating plants suck everything out of the water.

HorrorShowRot
09-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Will the tank size be enough for him. And I am not worried about the filtration. It will be having my 100 gallon canister and a 75gallon sponge filter. Plus going to look into the floating plants like postal said. It will also add to the effect of the tank. Aone can you send me some pictures. Would love to see the fish and what you have done tank wise. my emails The_Jordster@hotmail.com thanks I am so excited,

Aeonflame
09-10-2009, 07:08 PM
75 gallons is perfect for a wolf fish. They are not very active, and the size is mainly to keep the water parameters good.

Right now, grimtooth is in the pond, since im using the tank for my community. Im planning on setting up another 70 for him though, and i'll get you those photos as soon as I do. He should be nice and buff from all the tilapia in there. heheh

HorrorShowRot
09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks so much. I am currently seeing if anywhere near me ever has them. Tanks cycling but I think i will seed from my ID sharks tank:hmm3grin2orange:

Aeonflame
09-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Im planning on getting a 180 gallon for an african tigerfish. Now that is one fish that would give a trahira nightmares.