PDA

View Full Version : Dear all....

Neon
09-07-2009, 10:14 AM
my Betta ( male - veil tail ) yesterday started doing bubble- nest in 2 corners of the tank and chasing anyone trespassing "his" territory .
Do I need to do anything like introducing a female Betta ? Any other action / no action needed ? It is a very fashinating thing to see though.
The only thing that changed in the tank yesterday was the introduction of Platies and Otos + Swordtail.

iZinedane
09-07-2009, 11:42 AM
thats up to you IMO
building a bubble nest means his happy! thumbs2: thumbs2:
mine do it all the time

bluebluecow
09-07-2009, 11:48 AM
yep he doesnt need a female,and even having females doesnt mean baby siames, my 2 will build big bubble nests in the breeder tank away from females, when they are with the females its either follow females,or as my male is now protect the guppy and platty babies lol

Liz

LadyHatred
09-07-2009, 12:01 PM
lol Your male protects the other babies? Awwe! So cute!!

Neon
09-07-2009, 12:06 PM
do you mean that you have a Betta with Guppies ? How they get along ? no chasing -fighting? and the Betta babysitting the babies ?

bluebluecow
09-07-2009, 12:17 PM
yep I have betta with guppys, betta was in 1st now it is a 4ft well planted tank, so they have places to hide. none on#f them have been attacked ect, they have been chased, when they 1st met each other but now ignore each other.

And yep the babies are in the top corner of the tank in the spicky plant, big red siamese, sits there and if any other fish comes nr he chases them away LOL, hes a big softy

Liz

mattsbottleofjager
09-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Hah, the big bad siamese is just a big softie, thats great thumbs2:

DrNic
09-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Bubble nests mean that the fish is happy and ready, just in case a female just happens to wander by :hmm3grin2orange:

Wild Turkey
09-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Bubble nests mean that the fish is happy and ready, just in case a female just happens to wander by :hmm3grin2orange:

Yup! Hes just fixing up the place and making sure no one trys to take his pad. As long as they have enough room everything should be just fine

Northernguy
09-07-2009, 02:30 PM
You have a happy betta!thumbs2:
You cannot just add a female to the tank to breed.There is the introduction and mating rituals you must learn about.She will also need a seperate tank.