PDA

View Full Version : Bloated Dwarf Gourami

TenGallonTank
04-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Hi,

My dwarf gourami looks like he has an internal bacterial infection. He's bloated and he's nowhere near as lively as he was. I bought some anti-bacterial food, but he hasn't been eating for days so I'm not sure why he'd eat that. A couple questions:

1) Any advice on getting a fish to eat medicine?

2) There are liquid anti-bacterial treatments, but I've heard from stores and seen online that freshwater fish don't drink, so liquid treatments only help external infections. Are products like APPlus Anti-Bacteria Treatment that claim to treat internal bacteria infections basically BS?

Thanks!

DemonShark
04-08-2006, 12:38 AM
He might have dropsy but i would check that up fist becasue im afraid if he does have that the fish is better of being desroyed or risk the fish being left twisted. Altogh i this isnt the case the liquid would work becasue rember it passes through their gills

William
04-09-2006, 03:01 AM
I would suggest moving him to another tank if you can. (if you have other fish)

If it is Dropsy as demonshark suggest you might be best of killing the fish as it can be very hard to cure. Especially if you have other fish and are unable to move it to another aquarium since killing it might help save the rest of your fish from the same fate.

DemonShark
04-09-2006, 01:49 PM
My dwarf gourami looks like he has an internal bacterial infection. He's bloated and he's nowhere near as lively as he was.

right here you say he has a intreanal bacterail infection and thats ussually rings the bell that your fish has dropsy sorry to hear