PDA

View Full Version : Fish Compatability

Mike "T"
09-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi All,
I'm a neewbie in this group!! Ive returned to the hobby after many years away and at the moment have a 450 ltr Cichlid setup.......through some bad advice I've lost a lot of lovely fish and would like to seek some advice. My tank contains....
1 Jaguar Cichlid
1 Flowerhorn
2 Jewels
2 Geophagus
2 Keyholes
1 Kribensis
1 Plectostimus
1 Lelerpie
1 Fire Mouth
1 Electric Blue Jack Dempsy
The stock is rather depleted at the moment as I suspect the Jaguar is having a few midnight feasts, he and the Flowerhorn are about too be re-homed The Ph remains around 7 to 7.5.

My Question is......Once I've rehomed the Jaguar and the Flowerhorn I would like to keep more Jack Dempsy's with a view to breeding them. which of the above fish could I keep with the Jacks and what fish would make good companions for them ????

Many Thanks

Mike "T"

Sorry about poor spellin !!

rangur1
09-06-2009, 10:55 AM
yeah, i imagine you are having a problem with this tank. this stock mix will not work. the krib grows to 4 in -he will not last, the lelerpie? is that a leleupi? if so, thats an african cichlid that likes high ph. it also grows to 3 inches. it will not last either.
the rest:

2 jewels,2geophagus,2keyholes,1 dempsey-if you add dempseys to this group in a 125gal , there will be some deaths. tank will be overstocked by fish volumn/territorial requirements. the keyholes and geophagus and firemouth will lose.

mac
09-07-2009, 05:53 AM
IMO if you want to breed the Jacks I would get rid of all the other fish altogether. Save's you having trouble with deaths.

mac

Crispy
09-07-2009, 06:04 AM
geos and firemouths are more peaceful while your flowerhorn and jag will bully them around (even in a 125)... pick one or the other (aggresive or peaceful) and restock accordingly for more stable compatibility.