PDA

View Full Version : shrimp

rookie
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
do you thing i can get cherry or ghost shrimp to live in a ph of 6

jaysee
09-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Is is 6 or 6.something? 6 is just outside the range of both, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to keep them. Not sure how long they'll last without getting eaten.

rookie
09-05-2009, 07:06 PM
It's 6 even I guess I won't mind if they turn Ito lunch but I just thought it would b a cool idea mabe I'll wait until I get more fish I just want to get some stock in there and they were cheep. But if they get eatin now I'll be back to the same stock

Jacko
09-05-2009, 07:32 PM
I would suggest either Crystal Red Shrimp or Tiger shrimp, both do well in lower ph, there are others (alot of the caridina species) that would do well. I would also suggest getting a calcium supplement of some sort, I give my shrimp a small chunk of cuttlebone, stick it behind a rock so you don't have to look at it but they know where to find it.

rookie
09-05-2009, 08:25 PM
jacko mabe i was looking in the wrong place but im a little too poor for those. $125 for 10 thats too rich for my blood

Jacko
09-05-2009, 09:23 PM
That would probably be for either S or SS grade most likely, CRS come in different grades ranging from C to SSS+. The more white they've got and the more solid the more expensive. If you don't mind them being not the highest quality you could probably find C to B grade for between 4 and 6 bucks each... someone on aquabid has A/B grade for 30 for 5 I think (excluding shipping).

Tigers are another nice one, they range from 2-5 bucks each... caridina are a slower breeder than RCS and the like so they command a higher price.