PDA

View Full Version : 30 gallon tank, best community of fish?

vze29tgr
04-07-2006, 02:40 AM
I only ever had bettas in a 2.5 gallon tank so I am a n00b to having a larger tank. My 30 gal tank has been up and running for a few days with about 6 live plants. I was wondering what would be a good group of fish to consider for the tank. Thanks in advance.

mtnrat
04-07-2006, 01:35 PM
I have a 25 gal. tank and it contains 7 Mollies,7 Danios,6 algae Eaters,7 Live Plants,and until a few days ago 2 Female Bettas.They have been moved for Breeding.At different Times I have had 1 Male in there but Bettas are so unpreticable I would not advise it.We are setting up a Guppy tank becuase they are so Beautiful.

William
04-08-2006, 12:27 AM
It depends on what kind of fish you want to keep (interesting behaviour, frolicy, colorful or what?) but livebearers, gourami, tetras are some choices you could try.

DemonShark
04-08-2006, 12:28 AM
vze29tgr- i suggest getting a nice hard fish and tell me what kind of fish you would proubly enjoy like a herbivore which will snake on plants or a omivore which will eat both plants and meaty things or my favorite cannivore which I think is fun to watch tear up things although not for the faint hearted. You might wana look up gourmi which are hardy or guppies i ahve two trident shakrs and their nice although they dont tear up things as much lol hoped this helped.

mtnrat I had a male and a female beeta and for some reason they never mated and never liked each other so i guess first love at first sight isnt for them lol.

vze29tgr
04-08-2006, 01:46 PM
well i like bettas alot, I have 1 in a 2.5 gallon tank. I don't want anything that would eat the live plant or kill other fish. I never had guppies so I might consider them.

DemonShark
04-08-2006, 06:45 PM
If you get guppies i suggest the nice colorfull fanned tailed ones. They are very colorful!