PDA

View Full Version : Lots of work.

Abbeys_Mom
03-29-2007, 01:11 AM
I now have a larger tank and I can't believe what a pain moving tanks is. I took down my 10g and set up the 27g in one day and I am beat. The good news is that I get to aquascape the new tank. I gave the pleco his fake stump ornament back, he seemed lost without it. I put my old bubble curtain in there too, but I am not sure if it will be staying. I didn't have enough river sand to fill the bottom of the tank, so I used pea gravel from my old 55g and put the sand on top. The drift wood that barely fit in the 10g, looks tiny in the 27g. I am also going to have Kribs, so I will need more caves and hidey holes. I love the excitement of a new setup.

Lady Hobbs
03-29-2007, 01:40 AM
LOL I am the expert tank mover after moving them here and there about the apartment about 4 times now. Sure can't do that once those babies are planted tho.

Enjoy your new tank.

Drumachine09
03-29-2007, 01:42 AM
I love the excitement of a new setup.

Thats the second best part. The part i like most is after all of the hard work and struggleing with getting it set up, you can stand back, look at your work, let out a sigh of relief, and then pass out from exhaustion.:hmm3grin2orange:

Hope everything works out ok!

Abbeys_Mom
03-29-2007, 01:43 AM
My 10g was planted. I had to rip up all the wisteria to move it. I am sure it will be fine, it's always coming out of the gravel anyway :)

kimmers318
03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
I feel your pain Liz, when we moved our living room around it included moving a 90 and a 75 gal tank! I took me a week to recover from that enough to move the 29 and 20 gal out to the living room!