PDA

View Full Version : Need to add another fish

nannyisme2004
03-28-2007, 10:39 PM
My mom has a very nice pond. About 4 yrs ago she placed 2 feeder fish in the pond and they grew to about 6 inches. They have been best buddies and it appears that one of them has died. We haven't seen him in a couple of months. Fin (the one that is left) needs a new buddy. My question is should we go ahead and add two or three feeder fish to the pond or just one? Will they eventually get along? Fin will be huge compared to the new fish. It will take years for the new fish to get as big as Fin. I have also heard it is not a good idea to mix different goldfish in the same pond. Ex: common goldfish with fancy tails.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Laurie

Rue
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
...no...best not to mix fancies and regular goldfish...although some people have had no issues doing so...

...I think as long as the goldfish you get are as large as possible, you should be okay...some of the big feeders that they get in at the petsores should be a good bet...

...and some are gorgeous...wish I could save a few!

nannyisme2004
03-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks Rue.

We will go ahead and save a few of those beautiful big feeders.

Laurie

Drumachine09
03-28-2007, 11:36 PM
...no...best not to mix fancies and regular goldfish...although some people have had no issues doing so...

...I think as long as the goldfish you get are as large as possible, you should be okay...some of the big feeders that they get in at the petsores should be a good bet...

...and some are gorgeous...wish I could save a few!

lol! you surround everything in ... ...s!

Some larger feeders would be good.

Rue
03-29-2007, 12:05 AM
lol! you surround everything in ... ...s!

I know I do! For some reason I've long forgotten, I started typing like that back when I first got my internet hook-up, back in 1999!

Although it's hard, I could stop if I had to! It's become very automatic to do so though!

Drumachine09
03-29-2007, 12:07 AM
I... know I do! For some reason I've long forgotten, I started typing like that back when I first got my internet hook-up, back in 1999!...

...Although it's hard, I could stop if I had to! It's become very automatic to do so though!...

^^^There, thats better!

Rue
03-29-2007, 12:10 AM
...phew! Thanks...I was hurtin'...

Chrona
03-29-2007, 12:15 AM
...phew! Thanks...I was hurtin'...

Easiest way to solve it is to remove your "." key. Your punctuation will suffer, but it's a small price to pay. ;)

Mdsuave13
06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
I use periods in a similar manner when i am kinda just throwing out ideas... or want to continue an idea and not really end it... Like a long run on sentence :)

Also, i have a 9,000 gallon pond, it had fancy tails, common goldfish, ryukins, shubunkins, comets, koi and all other pond fish inbetween. They have been in there for about 6 years. Started with 18 random fish, now have over 100. Feeding them can be a little crazy though.

I would say just get whatever fish you enjoy looking at, not to mention you can get some of the fancy tailed or big goldfish that are probably the same size as your other fish from your LFS.

Rue
06-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Wow! You must have some serious filtration!

gm72
07-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Rue, you are afflicted with overuse of the ellipsis. I think they make meds for that.

Mdsuave13, I'd love to see pics of your pond! Is is natural or was it built? Sounds awesome.