PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Solved

Abbeys_Mom
03-28-2007, 02:18 PM
The new shrimp didn't bury himself, he jumped ship. I move the tank and searched the floor. Sure enough, we was behind my desk.
I thought they were supposed to do that. I am guessing the tank was just too small. I am thinking of getting some ghost shrimp for the tank.

*Sarah*
03-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Aww, that's too bad :( Hopefully your ghost shrimp will do better.

Lady Hobbs
03-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Is this the pretty red shrimp you had. Must be why you said you hadn't seen him since you took his picture. :) Some of the opening in the back of the hoods are too large. I really like the glass lids.

Abbeys_Mom
03-28-2007, 02:31 PM
It was a small tank and I had a piece of glass that covered the tank, but I think he must have freaked out when I changed the water. He could have gone out the back of the tank while I was dumping the waste water. 3 days of shrimp was not worth the $9 I paid for him. Plus, I was bawling like a baby when I found him. I just found out I might be getting some baby kribs, so that cheered me up a bit. I am going to see if the Department Head at the Pet store will give me a few ghost shrimp for free. I don't think "jumping out the tank" is covered in the 3 day guarantee, but I am going to mention that I don't have the shrimp anymore.

jeffs99dime
03-28-2007, 05:32 PM
shimp, lobsters and snails, etc. are escape artists. i would recommend an all glass top and when you trim the plastic backing, trim it to fit all the contours of the equipment so there are no gaps. i used to have a blue lobster that found his way out of the tank in a couple hours.

xoolooxunny
03-28-2007, 08:29 PM
shimp, lobsters and snails, etc. are escape artists. i would recommend an all glass top and when you trim the plastic backing, trim it to fit all the contours of the equipment so there are no gaps. i used to have a blue lobster that found his way out of the tank in a couple hours.

When these guys aren't eating or looking for food, they're looking for a way out!

kimmers318
03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Bigtime escape artists....and watch out if you have to transfer them anywhere in a net because they will jump right out of there too!