PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for closing the forum this morning

William
03-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi
Sorry to all for closing the forum for almost 2 hour this morning. I was restoring some posts from a backup and had to shut it down to avoid loosing new posts while I was working.

And to avoid all the confusion that it would have caused when all the post you made this week disappeared for about 30 minutes while I was working. Had to remove and re-add them.

Everyone's post count should hopefully be back up.thumbs2:

To all those who requested old posts to be removed I want to point out that those old threads can contain valuable information for people and is a valuable part of the forum as other people may ask themselves the same or similar questions as those who have been answered in the old posts. They will stay. Post are pushed of the first page in a forum once enough newer posts have been made so if you don't like them, post some question, pictures etc in those forums. I will consider merging some smaller forums to increase the activity in them and reduce the time a thread is on the first page.

William

jeffs99dime
03-28-2007, 01:41 PM
that's cool. you gotta do what you gotta do!:ezpi_wink1:

Chrona
03-28-2007, 01:42 PM
that's cool. you gotta do what you gotta do!:ezpi_wink1:

Jeff only has 4977 posts now, I think you need to revoke the 1 star poster award :wink2:

jeffs99dime
03-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Jeff only has 4977 posts now, I think you need to revoke the 1 star poster award :wink2:
look again chrona. lol

Chrona
03-28-2007, 01:43 PM
look again chrona. lol

Whaaaaaaaaa???? -.-

Lady Hobbs
03-28-2007, 02:13 PM
I lost over 1000 post counts myself. sheesh

Severus
03-28-2007, 02:40 PM
I lost like 200 something... darn

crackatinny
03-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi
Sorry to all for closing the forum for almost 2 hour this morning. I was restoring some posts from a backup and had to shut it down to avoid loosing new posts while I was working.

And to avoid all the confusion that it would have caused when all the post you made this week disappeared for about 30 minutes while I was working. Had to remove and re-add them.

Everyone's post count should hopefully be back up.thumbs2:

To all those who requested old posts to be removed I want to point out that those old threads can contain valuable information for people and is a valuable part of the forum as other people may ask themselves the same or similar questions as those who have been answered in the old posts. They will stay. Post are pushed of the first page in a forum once enough newer posts have been made so if you don't like them, post some question, pictures etc in those forums. I will consider merging some smaller forums to increase the activity in them and reduce the time a thread is on the first page.

William

Thats OK, I was thinking tops theres a few on tnight, then the forum went down, but I forgive you:thumb:

William
03-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Yes. I saw you online before I shut it down.

Lady Hobbs
03-29-2007, 11:23 AM
And I'm sorry for causing you to have to shut it down.

kimmers318
03-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Yea, I was replying to a post, and when I hit submit it tells me the forum is down......oooops! I didn't have time to get back yesterday with the babysitting and then 3 hours of baseball practice, I was beat by 10 pm, but had to wait up till the little one was completely sound asleep as the toothfairy had to come to her for the first time!:wolfgang:

Lady Hobbs
03-29-2007, 11:57 AM
I'll never forget when one kid asked me why one kid got $1 from the tooth fairy and she had only gotten 50 cents. How do you explain that one! You can't tell them you didn't have the change. LOL

Ever notice how you lie to your kids for the first 7 years then spend the next 20 teaching them not to lie? Like the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Go figure.

crackatinny
03-29-2007, 11:59 AM
You mean none of them are real:confused:

Lady Hobbs
03-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Your parents lied to you!

kimmers318
03-30-2007, 02:54 AM
Yes, it is most devastating when the kids find out the truth about those visitors in their young lives. My oldest argued with her classmates for quite some time about Santa Claus....her theory was if she believed in it, he was real for her!

As they get older they only want to pretend to believe anyway because it involves money or gifts!

Drumachine09
03-30-2007, 03:06 AM
Yes, it is most devastating when the kids find out the truth about those visitors in their young lives. My oldest argued with her classmates for quite some time about Santa Claus....her theory was if she believed in it, he was real for her!

As they get older they only want to pretend to believe anyway because it involves money or gifts!

Found out santa wasnt real when i was 4, because my moms handwriting and "santas" handwriting were EXACTLY the same. Then she told me about how the easter bunny and the tooth fairy werent real.

hungryhound
03-30-2007, 03:22 AM
Just want to take the time and say thanks for hosting the site William. Only when you lose something do you learn how attached to it you were.

My wife gave me the big pouty lip the other morning as she was not able to read the forum the other day as she ate her breakfast. It is amazing how this site has become part of our routine in only a few short weeks.

You should not need to apologize. It is us who should be thanking you for creating this wonderful site giviing us the privileged to come together as an online community. Thank you for all that you do.

William
03-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks fo the kind words hungryhound. I appriciate it.

cocoa_pleco
03-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Man, i lost like 700 posts. Darn.