PDA

View Full Version : Pancakes... <sigh>

Demi ^_^
08-28-2009, 11:51 PM
<sigh> Pancakes..

Okay. My parents have gone off to the shops and my mum told me to make some pancakes for my little brother (5yr old Ned) while she was gone. So I mix up the ingredients and set-up the fry pan, with Ned screaming at me that he WANTS HUGE ones! SO I fill the entire pan with most of the mixture to make him ‘the special pancake’ and he’s not happy! “Dee, make it BIG-GEER! It’s too small! MAKE IT BIGGER!” Meanwhile, I’m getting pretty peed off with him.

I make the big pancake and several med.sized ones and put them all on a plate. Ned wants 3. <Sigh> I tell him not to be greedy as some were to be saved for my 1yr old sister when she got home with mum. “I WANT 3! I don’t want 2!!! I want 3!” is all you can hear. Now I am getting really peed off lol. I give him 2 and he wants freshly squeezed lemon and sugar on them---But no lemon. He grumbles and groans and runs away for awhile, comes back, takes his 2 pancakes, but now they are cold! I tell Billy (12yr old) brother to heat them up for him in the microwave. Come back to find the microwave sparking everywhere and the 2 boys staring at it dumbly!

<GRRR!> I take out the silver metal plate with the pancake and lather it with cream. Give to Ned and what does he do? He says “Thankyou Dee”, turns around and walks into the door, his pancakes ending up all over his shirt, wall and door..

<sigh> <twitch> Never making pancakes again..

MCHRKiller
08-29-2009, 12:05 AM
:hmm3grin2orange: This is why Im not procreating! lol Great story!

DrNic
08-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Funny story. Kids can be a handful. :hmm3grin2orange:

KingFisher
08-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Great story Demi, sorry for your mishap. :11:

sailor
08-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Great story Demi......reminds me of a story about 20 yrs back

My niece came to stay with us and it was the first time away from her mom and dad......she was 5 at the time.

The first morning I asked Emma what she wanted for breakfast .............her reply was elephant ears. I'm thinking to myself what the hell is elephant ears. I ask my wife at the time what they were and she had no clue. I asked Emma and she said you know elephant ears. I try to phone her mom and no one home . Damn by this point Emma is crying she wants elephant ears......nothing else.......no pancakes no cereal no eggs no toast nothing. By this time it I am almost ready to bring Emma home from frustration but it is a four hour drive back to her house. It is almost noon when the phone rings and it is Emma's Mom............I find out that elephant ears are what they called french toast lol.

Demi ^_^
08-29-2009, 01:29 AM
LOL sailor. Thats funny!
I'll never forget this pancake fiasto. Ned, finally satisfied and walks straight into a door - a bit of a mess for me to clean up and then of course, he was in a crappy mood again lol

I can't believe Billy put a metal plate in the microwave - he's 12 years old for petes sake! And then as I returned, he was just staring at the mircowave while looked like it was going to explode...

<Sigh> lol

cocoa_pleco
08-29-2009, 01:42 AM
I can't believe Billy put a metal plate in the microwave - he's 12 years old for petes sake! And then as I returned, he was just staring at the mircowave while looked like it was going to explode...

lol, it happened to me. At work a month ago i was sitting in the lunch room and this kid, probably 12, grabs a fruitopia can out of the freezer and sticks it in the microwave. All i said is what the **** are you doing kid?

he was trying to thaw it out, told him to run it under hot water for a minute rather than electrocute the whole dam room. lol

Mvjnz
08-29-2009, 02:26 AM
How annoying. You wouldn't know this, being young, but telling him no and then giving him what he wants because it's easier than arguing, only makes sure he will always scream to get what he wants because he has now learnt that it works.

What should be done is you tell him how things will be, and then if he argues you ignore him, or simply tell him "I've given you my answer" and then don't even dicuss it with him. He's the kid, he doesn't make the rules.

So maybe try that next time, but it will be hard work because he's already been taught that being annoying and loud gets him what he wants.

invadertoast
08-29-2009, 04:37 AM
Sounds like a fun ordeal :rolleyes: I spent today watching my cousin's two boys who are both autistic. The youngest (10) asked for macaroni and cheese for breakfast/lunch. There was Easy Mac, Kraft Dinner, and Annie's mac and cheese to pick from and he specifically requested Kraft and pointed to the box. I had to block him from going to the stove because he was getting impatient (he'll take a frozen waffle, stick it in the toaster for 1 second, pop it up, and eat it frozen, doesn't work so well with HOT food) When it was finally ready he took one bite then started screaming for Annie's over and over and over and over and took his plate to the counter and tried to take mine away from me. I told him Annie's wasn't a choice so he gave it up... didn't eat it though. He did manage to eat 3/4 of a large cheese pizza by himself later on that day though :hmm3grin2orange:

cubby
08-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Waffles is mo better!!!!!!!

Sharon
08-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Demi, I have to say I enjoyed reading that!!! Kids...Gotta laugh!!!!:hmm3grin2orange: