PDA

View Full Version : Sad News, My Synspilum Died

Juannie
03-28-2007, 04:54 AM
Well, I'm pretty upset, my beautiful girl whom I've had for just over 2years died suddenly yesterday. I"m pretty devastated as she was a real fighter, she had fought pop-eye last year after scraping her eye on slate and recovered after weeks of medication and hospitalisation only to now die of unknown circumstances. My poor oscar is looking pretty lonely in his tank as am I. Doesn't it suck when they just die for no reason.

Chrona
03-28-2007, 04:56 AM
Sorry to hear that :(

Lady Hobbs
03-28-2007, 05:05 AM
Well, I'm pretty upset, my beautiful girl whom I've had for just over 2years died suddenly yesterday. I"m pretty devastated as she was a real fighter, she had fought pop-eye last year after scraping her eye on slate and recovered after weeks of medication and hospitalisation only to now die of unknown circumstances. My poor oscar is looking pretty lonely in his tank as am I. Doesn't it suck when they just die for no reason.

Juanne, you been checking your water and doing changes? You mention corys with fin rot in another thread now this poor girl died.

crackatinny
03-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Sorry to hear that, its always sad when a pet dies.

Severus
03-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Very sorry to hear that. All your water parameters were ok?

Juannie
03-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Juanne, you been checking your water and doing changes? You mention corys with fin rot in another thread now this poor girl died.

Yes, I do water changes on her tank every week. Although I've noticed our water after wet weather seems to spike the pH but then my pH levels have been dropping very quickly too - could this be caused by hot weather? All my tanks get quite high during the day when I'm at work - my American tank ofen hits 34 degrees. Only the corys in my tropical tank are ill, i've not lost anything else so it's rather odd.

Lady Hobbs
03-29-2007, 02:50 AM
I don't know but you may have to monitor the pH and test it right from your tap, as well.

Did you mean 84 degrees? You scared me there for a minute.

Juannie
03-29-2007, 04:15 AM
I don't know but you may have to monitor the pH and test it right from your tap, as well.

Did you mean 84 degrees? You scared me there for a minute.

34 degrees celciusor 93.2 degrees farenheit.

Funnily enough I've checked the tap this week and the pH levels were really high, it's frustrating because it's all over the place. Thanks though, I'll keep doing that to be safer.