PDA

View Full Version : Daphnia

Wiggs
08-27-2009, 04:12 PM
I picked up some frozen Daphnia after it being suggested by some people in chat.

Let me tell you... Fish LOVE it. I put 1/2 cube in my 56 and the other half in my 20. They went NUTS, ive tried a few other frozen/live foods that they all didnt take well too,but this is something else. created a frenzy in my community tank.

Anyone else feed this as their supplemental food? I always here about Brine, Bloodworms (my cichlids wont eat it >.>) and others, but not too much about daphnia.

jackson17
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Never tried or heard of it haha. My angel loves bloodworms though. Never heard of a cichlid not liking them lol

Where did you buy it?

krystalsohun
08-27-2009, 04:35 PM
its a type of crustacean also called water fleas. thats all i know about them where did you find them frozen to feed to fish??

Little Embers
08-27-2009, 09:45 PM
My LFS sells all the frozen fish foods including frozen daphnia.....I have tried feeding it to my fish on numerous occassions over the years and all of the fish I have kept never seemed to like it at all.....they go crazy over frozen baby brine shrimp and bloodworms and a community dinner beefheart/vegie mix....but daphnia, I have given up on it....maybe it's the brand, it does seem to have a very pungent odor to it.

Deleted User
08-27-2009, 09:49 PM
I feed frozen daphnia to all my fish at least 2x per week. Never known a fish to turn there nose up at them. A great addition to a fish's diet.:ssmile:

Paw Broon
08-27-2009, 10:06 PM
we get frozen daphnia along with bloodworms and brine shrimp, all get devoured equally the same. Live food i still have to try, keep seeing little bags of it at the lfs but never bought it yet.

Mith
08-28-2009, 02:59 AM
That reminds me, I have to setup my brine shrimp grower... LOL