PDA

View Full Version : Help i'm swollen

J Riley
08-26-2009, 01:55 AM
I have a 3 yr old red eye slider and he is beginning to look a little swollen out of his shell. What do i need to do?

Demjor19
08-26-2009, 04:56 AM
What is his feeding regimen? Could be obese? Is he acting normal or sick?

Pic?

jay2487
11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
If he has folds of skin you didn't see before, like has a hard time getting his head in shell because of a double chin type neck roll then you are probably just feeding him to much. A hungry turtle is a happy turtle and will be more active and fun to watch. If you overfeed they will swell their shells quicker than they grow width and length ways but the first sign of this is the fat fold around the head. Only feed them the size of their head in food a day. You can split it up as you like but never over that much a day. Some people like to feed them that much x3 every three days or that much /3 3 times a day. If you feel your not overfeeding then check where your tank is, what's in it and what can get in it. When I first got mine he was kept outside on a screened in porch. He started swelling like you said and getting fat rolls. I cut his diet down to almost nothing before I finally sat outside one night and seen that our porchlight was frying moths which would then fall into the tank and get eaten by my turtle. He was eating about 15 a night and one was bigger than his head. So check that and let us know