PDA

View Full Version : I struck Silver and Gold with #9!!

geminidragn
08-25-2009, 02:33 AM
In my previous post," And Now There Are 8!!", I mentioned seeing a grey colored crown-tail male. Well, I convinced my husband to take me back to see if he was still there. HE WAS!! I was so excited. I bought him and got him home and took a good look at his coloring. To my surprise, He has a piebald head and his grey turned out to be metallic silver with copper tips!! He is so beautiful. As soon as I get my camera back from the shop, I'll post some pics of him.

I am having difficulty trying to figure out what name I want to give him. As I said he has a piebald head, his body is metallic silver and his fins are half silver and copper with copper tips. I was thinking about: Steel, Mercury, Silver, and Platinum. Which name do you guys like or think I should give him?

Cristoff
08-25-2009, 02:35 AM
You better go and get that camera!

Congrats - I can't wait to see the pics.thumbs2:

DrNic
08-25-2009, 02:43 AM
Sounds like quite the fish. Can't wait to see photos.

I assume you breed bettas given the tanks I see in your signature?

Northernguy
08-25-2009, 02:49 AM
Sounds like a cool looking fish!
I wish I could get something like that up here! lol I'd start another tank!:hmm3grin2orange:
With colors like that I'd name it Ten Cents!:19:

rich311k
08-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Congrats on the new fish, he sounds great.

geminidragn
08-25-2009, 03:01 AM
I do plan on breeding as soon as the female are bigger. They are real small (who are around 1 in) and look tiny when compared to my guys (who are between 3-4 in). Plus I want them to establish themselves in their new school first so I can see their temperment to better match them. My biggest guy might not be up to it because I have had him going on four year now. But you never can tell. I can only cross my fingers.

BirdOfPray
08-25-2009, 03:19 AM
He sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see pictures. Quicksilver might be a good name -- think it's another name for mercury. Where did you find him? I'm in Austin too, always keeping an eye out for good resources. :)

geminidragn
08-25-2009, 03:29 AM
I found him at PetSmart in South Austin. In the shopping center on the Slaughter Ln exit. They always have a good selecting. That is were I also found my Spade-tail female and my Double-Veil male.

Sarkazmo
08-25-2009, 05:08 AM
How about "Chrome" or "Chromium"? "Reynolds" (aluminum foil)? "Sterling?" hmmm.... lemme think.... "Tin"... "Alloy"... "Adamant"... "Adamantium"... "Diamond"... "Starlight"... "Moonlight"... "Shimmer"... "Mylar"...

Sark

geminidragn
08-25-2009, 12:57 PM
I think we settled for the name Mercury because when the light catches him just right, it looks like mercury from a broken thermometer; smooth, shiney, and milky.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

octoxpuss
08-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Ha i didnt respond but your local petsmarts really must have the selection because mine doesnt really i got a red male from their they had a really cool looking crowntail it wsa cold and purple but it didnt look to well. But good luck and i want to see pics.