PDA

View Full Version : The Carpet Cleaner - My Friend

Rue
08-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Two years ago I bought one of those household carpet cleaners/steamers. It's not my favourite chore - the machine is heavy and awkward to use...but man! Once I get going, I get such satisfaction out of cleaning the carpets and dumping the black water down the drain...

What's your favourite cleaning chore? One that you find really rewarding...

MonkeyPox
08-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Scheduling an appointment with the maid (blush)

Rue
08-25-2009, 01:08 AM
That would be nice...but unfortunately, around here, I AM the maid...

My new vacuum cleaner - with the super power head and attachments - is also fun to use...again, it's too heavy for regular use, so I mostly use the built in for regular cleaning, but I use the new one for deep cleaning (every 2 weeks or so)...

Wow...the dirt it pulls out is awesome...thumbs2:

But then I just get depressed at how quickly the dirt seems to accumulate in this house...:help:

jackson17
08-25-2009, 01:10 AM
I have a cleaning lady, but I also vaccum myself.

I like to clean my car and tank lol

Rue
08-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Why does everyone have a cleaning person except for me???:sconfused:

... but I also vaccum myself...

Cool! Do you start at your head, or at your feet?:hmm3grin2orange:

Northernguy
08-25-2009, 01:20 AM
I enjoy getting my basement and garage clean.
I just don't understand how they always get messy again so fast!:14:

Rue
08-25-2009, 01:26 AM
I don't understand it either...:help:

I totally relax when my house is clean...but like your basement, it never stays clean for long...:scry:

...btw...wanna guess what I spent half the day doing today???:hmm3grin2orange:

sailor
08-25-2009, 01:29 AM
But then I just get depressed at how quickly the dirt seems to accumulate in this house...:help:

We live in the Pairies Rue lol dirt and wind everywhere.

My fave chore is roto tilling the garden

Rue
08-25-2009, 01:35 AM
Cool! thumbs2: I'll pass that on to hubby. He rototills the shelter belts...he doesn't like doing it I don't think, but he loves the end result...(so do I!)...

DrNic
08-25-2009, 01:38 AM
I like watching my Roomba clean my carpet. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

jackson17
08-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Cool! Do you start at your head, or at your feet?:hmm3grin2orange:

Somewhere else :14:

LOL, just kidding.

I only do my room, as that is my cave.

BirdOfPray
08-25-2009, 03:26 AM
Why does everyone have a cleaning person except for me???:sconfused:

If it's any consolation, I'm the cleaning lady at my house too! Except I have an assistant -- my 15-month-old who makes messes as quickly as I clean them up. At least I'll never be out of a job! :hmm3grin2orange:

I guess my favorite is decluttering. I'm bad about letting clutter build up, so when I get to work and put it all away the house feels so much nicer. My least favorite is cleaning the kitchen because it never stays done! Well, neither does anything else, but it seems worse with the kitchen.

MCHRKiller
08-25-2009, 03:38 AM
I have(actually my parental units have) a cleaning lady that comes in twice every week and does the really hard core household maintenance thing...like the moping, windows, and washes the walls and random items, she also does outdoor cleaning tasks such as mucking the paddocks and yard and gardening type things. I have extremely bad allergies, so I have a roomba going almost non-stop to pick up cat hair and dog hair in the house....and I usually swiffer my floors once or twice a week as well. But my favorite chore is to wash and wax my car and bike...nothing makes me happier than a nicely detailed ride :22:

nwnittany
08-25-2009, 04:49 AM
Well, this is an outdoor chore, but I find pressure-cleaning the driveway/sidewalks a fun one.... for some reason, it's addictive... I guess it's an instant gratification kinda thing....

cocoa_pleco
08-25-2009, 04:51 AM
car washing and waxing is fun. In winter, shoveling snow when its around -30c is fun too

Mith
08-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Two years ago I bought one of those household carpet cleaners/steamers. It's not my favourite chore - the machine is heavy and awkward to use...but man! Once I get going, I get such satisfaction out of cleaning the carpets and dumping the black water down the drain...

What's your favourite cleaning chore? One that you find really rewarding...

They're also great when you over fill your tank and water goes everywhere...(blush)

Sharon
08-25-2009, 10:17 AM
I do my own cleaning as well...hubby and I actually share it now...as he has to do all the vac. I really have no favourite chore...I hate most of it. I do enjoy cleaning up after we've had guests for a few days. We get everything back in order, sit down and enjoy the silence!!!:ssmile:

Rue
08-26-2009, 12:24 AM
If it's any consolation, I'm the cleaning lady at my house too! Except I have an assistant -- my 15-month-old who makes messes as quickly as I clean them up. At least I'll never be out of a job! :hmm3grin2orange:

...sadly, it doesn't get better...my 3 teens make more of a mess now than when they were toddlers...and they're quite capable of cleaning up after themselves...but it takes a LOT of hounding on my part...:fish2:

Rue
08-26-2009, 12:25 AM
I do my own cleaning as well...hubby and I actually share it now...as he has to do all the vac. I really have no favourite chore...I hate most of it. I do enjoy cleaning up after we've had guests for a few days. We get everything back in order, sit down and enjoy the silence!!!:ssmile:

...ooooh! To have both a CLEAN house AND silence...*heaven*:1luvu:

King Tut
08-26-2009, 12:57 AM
My wife and I both hate to clean (one of these days a maid we will have) but my favorite is vaccuuming..especially since we got a Dyson...The bad thing is it shows me how much I need to steam clean!!!!