PDA

View Full Version : And Now There Are 8!!

geminidragn
08-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Well, I finally got my community tank going today!! I am so excited. I decided on getting two more femalebettas to go with the other two I got a week ago and put them all together.

The first one that I got last week has a cream body w/ burgandy fins named Angel, who I think is a singletail. The second has a blue/green body named Rainbow; she is still too small to tell the tail formation. With the two new girls I got I wanted them to be different colored so I ended up getting one with a yellow body and mother-of-pearl colored fins, she looks like she could be a crown-tail or a Veiltail; will know for sure when she gets bigger. The last one was what I call a find because she is a spade-tail. I have not seen very many in our pet store so I grabbed her as quick as I could. She is red; my son named her Strawberry because she is red and her tail looks like a little strawberry. There were a few double-tail females but they were not the colors I was looking for or I would have gotten one.

OOHH!! and I saw this beautiful male silver/grey crown-tail that I wanted but I don't have a place for him. But he was so beautiful. I am going to try and convince my husband into letting me get him and I might put in my isolation tank for now. Who knows--we'll see...

So now I have 8 total bettas--four males and four females!!!

Males: Azul (Veil-tail), Aslan (Double-Veil), Corona (Crown-tail), Pancho Villa (Comb-tail)

Female: Angel, Rainbow, Strawberry(Spade-tail), and the yellow one (my daughter is going to name)

Sharon
08-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Nice!!! Are you planning on breeding?

geminidragn
08-24-2009, 06:43 PM
I was thinking about it but I am going to wait until the females are bigger. They are only 1 to 1 1/2 inches right now compared to my males who are around 3 to 4 inches.

I do see the white spot on all the females and heard that they are pretty much ready to breed at anytime but my guys are pretty intimidating. I did put the first two in with a male each but to no avail. I think the current was too fast or they were too scared. That is why I am going to wait and get different tanks for breeding--my husband is going to like that LOL!!