PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Aponogeton bulbs, guarantee :-)

candice&jeff
08-24-2009, 01:58 PM
I had bought some of the aponogeton bulbs you can get at wal-mart awhile back, out of the four in the pack 2 grew. They have a guarantee that they will repace any bulbs that don't sprout within 30 days if you send them back with the reciept. I sent back the two bad bulbs, yesterday I got my repacement bulbs, they sent me 12 new ones!! I just wanted to let everyone know they are great at coming through on the guarantee. I would recommend them.

Candice & Jeff :ssmile:

DrNic
08-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah I've had that happen as well, although I only got 5 bulbs for the 2 I sent.

I have a lilly bulb that I just picked up that didn't do anything that I will be sending back in another week or so.

Sarkazmo
08-24-2009, 02:30 PM
I bought two packs, one lilly, one apo. I got one lilly outta them and that was it. The lilly is HUGE and growing great but I just threw away the others that didn't grow. How much did it cost you to send them back?

Sark

candice&jeff
08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Just enough for the stamp so $.44! I thought it was pretty awsome!!

DrNic
08-24-2009, 02:35 PM
I bought two packs, one lilly, one apo. I got one lilly outta them and that was it. The lilly is HUGE and growing great but I just threw away the others that didn't grow. How much did it cost you to send them back?

Sark
I usually just mail them out in a standard USPS shipping envelope. I try to save the packaging and put them back in as well. Cost $2 last time I think.

They way I figure it, if I usually pay ~$1/bulb from the store. If I have to send the dead ones back I always get extras that are MUCH fresher and usually end up somewhere around $0.25-0.50/bulb even with the extra shipping. Overall not bad.

DrNic
08-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Just enough for the stamp so $.44! I thought it was pretty awsome!!
Really? my main man wouldn't take them in a standard envelope with a stamp.