PDA

View Full Version : Is it dead? Part 2

Gramazing
08-23-2009, 06:48 PM
I've had a gold mystery snail for nearly two months, and it's been going great, and has grown quite a bit since I got it. But it seems to be dead. It hasn't moved for a day and it's hanging out of its shell. I would have thought if it was powered down for a while it would suck in its foot or whatever its called. I took it out and have put it in a separate container. It doesn't smell.

I've had a gold mystery snail for nearly two months, and it's been going great, and has grown quite a bit since I got it. But it seems to be dead. It hasn't moved for a day and it's hanging out of its shell. I would have thought if it was powered down for a while it would suck in its foot or whatever its called. I took it out and have put it in a separate container. It doesn't smell.The word I was looking for is operculum. Its operculum is not closed.

I have had an epiphany from reading the snail forum. Those who want to keep snails have problems keeping them alive, and those that don't want snails find their tanks overflowing with them. What's the deal with that?

Is that some kind of Mollusc Murphy's Law?

Sharon
08-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Mollusc Murphy's Law? :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

gm72
08-23-2009, 11:07 PM
It's dead.

Gramazing
08-23-2009, 11:09 PM
No, it's resting. (Monty Python)

gm72
08-23-2009, 11:28 PM
It's stone dead!