PDA

View Full Version : help ID this cat

Gelo_USA
03-27-2007, 04:26 AM
I just got it 2 days ago and I have no idea what it was.... I asked at the pet shop and THEY DIDNT KNW but I liked it so I decided to give it a try... it was on a community tank so I figured I would have any trouble and fortunately I didnt.... I knw I will have to get a bigger tank or give it away in a while cause cats get big right? but I liked this one so I got it......
sorry pic quality sucks... but it took me like 100 shots to get this one THIS CAT DOESNT STOP EVER lol

Lady Hobbs
03-27-2007, 04:34 AM
Corydoras sterbai possibly.

Gelo_USA
03-27-2007, 04:38 AM
I dnt think it iss a corydora sterbai I have seen pics of them when i was looking for what I have.....
the one I have is about 3 inches long

Lady Hobbs
03-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Gez.....that's a giant in the cory world.

DemonShark
03-27-2007, 10:58 PM
It is! Hmm I wonder what it is then...

Fishguy2727
03-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Spotted pimelodus/Pictus cat. Best in a school. Will eat what they can fit in their mouth. Best diet will be Sinking Carnivore Pellet by Hikari and the largest sinking pellets by New Life Spectrum. Will appreciate hiding places, especially something like PVC pipe. Should max out at 4", I have not seen them any bigger. Planet catfish has them listed at 4.7".

Drumachine09
03-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Spotted pimelodus/Pictus cat. Best in a school. Will eat what they can fit in their mouth. Best diet will be Sinking Carnivore Pellet by Hikari and the largest sinking pellets by New Life Spectrum. Will appreciate hiding places, especially something like PVC pipe. Should max out at 4", I have not seen them any bigger. Planet catfish has them listed at 4.7".

Dang, you beat me too it! Yup its Pictus Pimelodus.

Gelo_USA
03-28-2007, 01:26 AM
yea its a Pictus Pimelodus I saw the pic and its exaclty what I have THANK GOD it grows to 4 inches only cause I LOVED IT and I wouldnt want to have to give it away when it outgrows my tank..... unfortunately I cant have more of them but he seems to be doing fine alone.... he swims around 24/7 with the bala shark I got from the same tank he was.... I knw I will have to give the shark away eventually cause it will get to big for my tank.....ohh well I will enjoy him as long as I can..hahhaha

and yea the Pictus Pimelodus really eats ANYTHING U THROW THERE hahaha today I got some sinking shrimp pellets for him cause I dnt the flake tht sinks would be enough for all my bottom feeders.... as soon as I threw the pellets in ALL THE FISH gathered around them, it was intended for the cats I have but they all like it....... LOL

Incredulous_Ed
03-28-2007, 04:19 AM
I thought they get to 6 inches?

Actually i read that they school when young, but become territorial to each other when older. Don't know if this is true, maybe some one can clear this up:confused: