PDA

View Full Version : When to feed?

Abbeys_Mom
03-27-2007, 02:50 AM
I have a planted 10g with Wisteria, Java fern, a very small amazon sword, some algae from a ball my Gourami tore apart and something that looks like Pearlweed. I bought "Plant Gro" fertilizer by Nutrafin. I have an 18" power glo bulb on my tank. My question is, how often should I fertilize the tank. I have been adding 1 cap full (recommend dose for a 10g) every week or so for the last few weeks. I have only been adding this often, because the plants were showing signs of iron deficency. Now that they are looking better, should I cut back, or add more?

Chrona
03-27-2007, 02:59 AM
I have a planted 10g with Wisteria, Java fern, a very small amazon sword, some algae from a ball my Gourami tore apart and something that looks like Pearlweed. I bought "Plant Gro" fertilizer by Nutrafin. I have an 18" power glo bulb on my tank. My question is, how often should I fertilize the tank. I have been adding 1 cap full (recommend dose for a 10g) every week or so for the last few weeks. I have only been adding this often, because the plants were showing signs of iron deficency. Now that they are looking better, should I cut back, or add more?

Continue to add it at the recommended dose. Those dosages are calculated with a low light aquarium in mind.