PDA

View Full Version : Electric Yellow Lab

.: JaCkPoT :.
08-20-2009, 01:25 PM
i am looking at getting some elctric yellow labs for my 25 gal freshwater fish tank. and am just wondering if i would be able too keep some shrimps or crabs with them? and if anybody knows any more fish i could keep with them :) thanks thumbs2:

Jaster
08-20-2009, 01:41 PM
not sure about the crabs but mine eat shrimp for snacks.
I have rummy nose tetras, a EBJD, a few other types of A. cichlids with mine and haven't had too many issues.

jackson17
08-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Don't electric labs get to big for a 25 gallon? They get about 6 inches and are very active, and they are VERY aggressive. I don't think anything could be housed with some in a tank that small....I don't think the tank itself could even house them properly. They are very aggressive and need to be in larger numbers to keep the aggression from being put on one fish, and 5-8 6 inch very active fish in a 25 gallon doesn't work.

Sharon
08-20-2009, 02:21 PM
You do need a bigger tank for those guys...Their size and disposition requires lots of room!:ssmile:

Lab_Rat
08-20-2009, 02:28 PM
25g is WAY too small for the Electric Yellow Labs. They are mild mannered for mbuna, which as a whole are very aggressive fish. Compared with most tropical fish they are highly aggressive. They should not be kept with fish other than other mbuna and will eat shrimp.

If you want these fish you'll need at least a 55g tank.

Deleted User
08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
55 gallon minimum for Yellow labs.

They get to 4"

They are one of the mildest of the rift lake cichlids.

You would need plenty of rock work and hard water too.

Ph of 7.6 - 8.6

You also would need at least 4 females to each male.

Deffo NOT with shrimps they would be eaten and NOT with crabs either as the fish would be killed.

kaybee
08-20-2009, 10:30 PM
..They are one of the mildest of the rift lake cichlids...

Yellow labs are mildy aggressive by mbuna standards, that is: :hmm3grin2orange:
tGJpHdCmSDM