PDA

View Full Version : I think my corys are mating

Lady Hobbs
03-26-2007, 04:17 AM
Never seen them act like they are today. I have only two and they act like everyones corys...sleep all day. They don't even hang together usually.

Today the larger of the two will not leave the smaller one alone. The little panda can't get two inches away from the larger of the two. Both were digging a pit in the gravel as well and I've not seen any of this behavior previously.

I've not been able to find out much about their breeding ritual other than the female is larger. That doesn't apply here unless the female is the one who is the most aggressive and I doubt that. The small panda is the one laying in this hole in the gravel now, as well.

I did read that when they lay eggs, the female sticks the eggs to the side of the tank. Carries them in her fins. I have put a glass in the tank hoping they will go in there and be away from the other fish "just incase." I've also read lowering the tank temps promotes them to mate and my thermometer broke this week so there's been no heat in that tank. It's about 70.

Can anyone shed some light on breeding these fish. I don't know if they should be separated once they have eggs or anything much about them.

cocoa_pleco
04-04-2007, 01:58 PM
could be. I bred my albinos a few years back. They laid about 100 white eggs on my java fern. Apparently you have to use a anti-fungal medicine, preferably pimafix to prevent fungus on the eggs.

I was absolutely happy breeding them. I put the plant with the eggs into my 20g hex with my JD because it was a calm and quiet JD, 1 hour later, no eggs, burping JD