PDA

View Full Version : coral foods

Psst_copher
08-11-2009, 04:47 AM
what are some good foods to feed corals? do different corals need different foods or are they all about the same? should i supplements the foods with aminos?

Fishguy2727
08-11-2009, 12:00 PM
If you have corals one of the best things you can do is buy the book 'Aquarium Corals' by Eric Borneman. It is by far the best corals book I have found yet.

Yes, different corals eat different foods.

I feed Brightwell Aquatics Products. I feed Reef Snow, PhytoChrom, and Zooplanktos-L. I do not use the amino products because that is what protein is made out of which I already feed. I do however also add Replenish and KoralColor. These are all bottled products at room temp in the fish store. For frozen foods Cyclopeeze is one of the best and if the corals are large enough things like mysis shrimp, krill, and pieces of clam, silversides, etc. will be very good.

kaybee
08-11-2009, 10:28 PM
If you have corals one of the best things you can do is buy the book 'Aquarium Corals' by Eric Borneman. It is by far the best corals book I have found yet...

Definately concur with this.

I feed my corals target fed my corals mysis shrimp (well, the one's that are able to consume it since these crustaceans can be up to 1.25"/3.1cm in length), and on occasion cyclopeeze, Reef-Roids and rotifers.