PDA

View Full Version : oi almost killed a betta last night at work

Betta_noob
03-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Yes my parents let me bring him home.
I'm not feeling to good so my hands are a little shaky, I was looking at the bettas and my hand apparently knocked a cup it went flying across the floor, the plastic shattered and the fish went flopping around.
In front of two customers.
I scooped him up panicing, grabbed the cup and placed him in it not realizing there were gigantic holes in it (even though I knew it was cracked) and filled it with enough water to cover him while grabbing a new cup.
At this point I realize that there is a hole as big as the betta in the bottom of this cup and all his water leaked out.
I throw him in the new cup.
And realize he has a gash on his head.

He was in the wrong place at the wrong time when the plastic broke and it scraped his head up :/

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/nifer10/DSCN2640.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/nifer10/DSCN2644.jpg

He's still alive thank jeebus and this morning has been chasing the bubbles on his aerator.

Willyleigh
03-23-2007, 05:21 PM
He will be alright, as long as you take good care of him and take him out of the little cup he will heal nicely.

Rue
03-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Yes, he should be alright...

...does your fish store use the blue medicated water? If so I'd be tempted to keep him in that to prevent a fungal infection...

Betta_noob
03-23-2007, 05:34 PM
...I'm hurt that you think I was stupid enough to leave him in the cup, that was only for pictures.
He's currently got 2 gallons all to himself.

And no we don't use the blue water, I don't work at petsmart.

Drumachine09
03-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Melafix will help him heal faster.

Rue
03-23-2007, 05:54 PM
...just a suggestion to prevent fungus from forming...in my experience the bettas seem a bit more prone to fungal infections than other small tropicals...

Betta_noob
03-23-2007, 05:54 PM
He's currently undergoing a round of melafix.

Drumachine09
03-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, heres to everything healing ok :thumb:

sergo
03-23-2007, 09:45 PM
ouch! poor fishy.

Incredulous_Ed
03-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Hope he heals ok and quickly

Abbeys_Mom
03-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Sounds like something I would do :)

hairpik
03-30-2007, 09:28 PM
is your fish okay? i was changing the water yesterday for mine and unfortunately he jumped out of the cup and onto the floor. i freaked out and scooped him up with my hands only to have him jump out again. :( i managed to get him set up and he was fine when i left work. i came back today and he's only hanging out in the bottom of his tank and on his side at that. he swims around in bursts but always comes back to the bottom. i got some bettafix just to be on the safe side but i am SO worried about him!!! does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Abbeys_Mom
03-30-2007, 09:32 PM
You'd have better luck if you moved you post to the betta section. I had a Betta jump once, but he landed on the baseboard heater and was badly burned, he didn't make it. I also had a shrimp escape last week. Found what was left of the poor little guy under my desk. If he's just got some scrapes, he might be ok. Watch for secondary infections (fungus and ich).

Oh, and Welcome to the forum :)

hairpik
03-30-2007, 09:38 PM
thank you!