PDA

View Full Version : Sick Alligator Gar

nick622641
08-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Dear All,

I'm new to this forum but am hoping someone can help me. I recently moved my two alligator gar from their smallish tank to a larger 400 Gallon tank. One fish accepted the move without any problem, the other started behaving very strangely. For instance constantly turning upside down and then just hanging there like he was dead or dying. I have moved him back to the old tank for observation and after a couple of days he is still alive lying motionless on the bottom and not eating anything. He appears to have a problem staying upright as if there was something wrong with his swim bladder.

I'm at a loss. I've looked after this fish for a year now and would like to be able to save him, with your help,

Thanks

Nautilus291
08-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Did you cycle your new tank before adding the fish? How does your water parameters look on the new tank?

Goodbye
08-07-2009, 12:24 AM
What are the tank parameters of the 400g tank?

karugtoshsky
10-05-2010, 11:51 AM
my gar is sick to and something is coming form the mouth something like gelly.. what should i do?? PLS HELP ME...

Crispy
10-05-2010, 06:04 PM
what size is your gar? what does it normally eat? could be something introduced from feeder fish or bad water quality. need more info here....

promise
10-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Karug, you need to ask this question in the general section and ask your own question with any relevant information, i.e size of tank, water parameters, size and approx age of fish, how long you have had it, any adjustments or Additions to his/her tank.
This thread is over a year old!!