PDA

View Full Version : How to have healthy plants

lynchja
08-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi what equipment would i need to have healthy plants at the moment i have filter light and heater but is there anything i can buy to make my plants more healthier as at the moment they aren't growing very well

MonkeyPox
08-04-2009, 09:21 PM
You need to be a little more specific about what plants you have, what type of tank, tank inhabitants, lighting, dosing, etc...

smaug
08-04-2009, 11:03 PM
One word,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,research.You have come to the right place.
we need to know
type of light,wattage,incandecent or fluorecent,and if you know it,what k rating is it .Type substrate,fish types,interest level [plants can be a pain].If you dont have a lot of time ,then keep it simple.

lynchja
08-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi im sure its about 15 watts and that it an aqua one pl light tube i have coloured gravel substrate and 3 platys and the light is fluorescent this all all i really know about it cheers james

kennedpa
08-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Firstly you need enough light to enduce Photosynthisis( plant living and creating O2 by absorbing Co2). Secondly you need enough Co2 to enduce your plants to process co2 to create o2. For this to happen you need adequate lighting for a period of time..eg 10hrs a day min! You can intro Co2 fertilisation to force plants to photosynth..AT A COST(alternative is to dose your tank with florish excel). Your substrate needs to be right to provide nutrients( read laterite) to your plants which in turn assists them to process the light to Photosynth and in turn provide o2, which in turn makes your plants Photosynth, grow and be healthy thumbs2: Plus liquid fertilisation.

smaug
08-05-2009, 09:54 PM
What ya got will grow some java ferns and maybe some anubis.Neither 1 needs to be rooted and uses very little light and nutrients.More plants means more stuff.